Where to stay in Adelaide: Best areas for travelers
- Adelaide Central Business District: Don't waste your time catching cabs and rushing around town. This neighborhood is loaded with attractions, from Rundle Mall to Adelaide Botanic Gardens. Make yourself comfortable at the Hilton Adelaide, the Ambassadors Hotel or the Hotel Metropolitan when you're ready to call it a day.
- Glenelg: There's plenty to see and do here! If you'd like to get a good handle on the place, take a look at Glenelg Beach, The Beachhouse and Jetty Road. Well-known places to stay here include the Stamford Grand Adelaide, the Ensenada Motor Inn and Suites and the Taft Motor Inn.
- North Adelaide: When organizing your stay in this area, start with picking where you'll rest your head at night. The Fire Station Inn - 1 Bedroom spa Suite, the Dover Castle Terraces and Fire Station Inn Penthouse Spa Apartment are a few choices. Once you've checked in, get out and see awesome sights like Adelaide Oval. Stick it on your itinerary!
- Glenelg North: Neighborhoods are full of interesting things to do, and this one is no exception. Begin your exploring at Holdfast Marina and then discover what other surprises this area has up its sleeve. After a long day of sightseeing, catch some Zs at the Glenelg Motel, the Adelphi Waterfront 2 Bedroom Ground or the Haven Marina.
- West Torrens: Check in to the Atura Adelaide Airport before stepping outdoors and discovering all that this area has to offer. Glenelg Golf Club certainly deserves to be at the top of your sightseeing itinerary. If you'd like more hotel options, check out the rooms and rates at the Rex Hotel or the Aviators Lodge Motel.
Top Adelaide hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Adelaide
If you're looking for an exciting new getaway, then why not go down under on your next holiday with a trip to Adelaide? It's one of Australia's largest cities, so you'll find a plethora of zoos, parks, gardens, and galleries. And if you're there at the right time of year, you'll also find several of Australia's most popular culture and art festivals. Book Adelaide vacations and get ready to see what's up in the Southern Hemisphere.
There's oodles of fun stuff to do in Adelaide. Make sure that you stop by Adelaide Zoo to see pandas, koalas, and other cool critters. When you're done seeing the animals, take some time to look at all of Australia's indigenous fauna at the Adelaide Botanic Garden. If you still haven't gotten your fill of the local beauty, check out the Himeji Gardens, an impeccably designed Japanese garden oasis. Belair National Park is also well worth the trek, but it might be useful to look into Adelaide rental cars to adequately explore it all.
Recurring Festivals and Events
While Adelaide is a wonderful destination to visit at any time of year, you should come in February or March if you're anxious to see the Adelaide Festival of Arts. This comprehensive event is one of the largest of its kind in the world. It lasts for almost a month and is a veritable showcase of artistic endeavors. You can check out a play, catch a musical performance, or see an incredible dance. The Adelaide Festival of Arts is extremely popular, so be sure to look early for the best hotel deals in Adelaide . You can find great Adelaide vacation packages and get whisked away on your Australian holiday.
Are you ready to see it all in Adelaide? Thanks to Travelocity, finding the best Adelaide package deals is a breeze. You can search over 510,000 hotels and 400 airlines to get all the best deals. So what are you waiting for? When you're booking through Travelocity, Adelaide is only a hop, a skip, and a jump away.
Tours and Activities in Adelaide
It's okay to have a conventional retreat lazing beside the pool, but traveling's about new experiences. So why don't you try out some exciting new adventures? (That way, you'll have tons more to brag about when you get back home!)
If organizing an itinerary isn't your cup of tea, that's no problem — we'll have you covered. Adelaide offers an awesome selection of adventures. These are our suggestions:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Adelaide?
How long should my Adelaide vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Adelaide?
Why should I book my Adelaide vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Adelaide car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Adelaide?
Which airport is best for Adelaide?
What is there to do in Adelaide?
Where should I stay when visiting Adelaide?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.