Pet lovers shouldn't miss the chance to visit Akron, a family-friendly city known for its concert halls and theaters, as well as attractions like Akron Art Museum and Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens. Choose from Travelocity's 56 pet-friendly hotels and accommodations in Akron and bring your pooch along!
How to Wander Wisely in Akron with Your Pet
- Enjoy the fresh air at Perkins Park, Sherbondy Park, and Indian Signal Tree.
- Other things to see include Firestone Country Club, Pro Football Hall of Fame, and Akron-Summit County Public Library.
- Need a pet store? Try Pet Supplies Plus, Tuesday Morning, or Pet Lovers.
- For vet care, Pets DX Veterinary, Metropolitan Veterinary Hospital, and Bird & Exotic Animal Hospital are located in the area.
Top Pet-Friendly Hotels in Akron
- Red Roof Inn Cleveland - Medina
Pets stay free at this 2-star motel. Guests appreciate the breakfast and exceptional value.
- Towneplace Suites By Marriott Streetsboro
Pets are allowed for a fee at this 2.5-star aparthotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the helpful staff and overall property condition.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Medina
Cats and dogs are allowed for a fee at this 2-star hotel, although restrictions apply. Guests appreciate the breakfast and helpful staff.
Pet-Friendly Times to Vacation in Akron
Weather can make or break your stay, especially if you want to spend time wandering around the city. We have gathered the average temperatures to help better plan your vacation in Akron.
From January to March, average temperatures range from 53°F in the daytime to 19°F at night. Between April and June, the daytime average is 82°F and the nighttime average is 33°F.
From July to September, average temperatures range from 83°F in the daytime to 48°F at night. Between October and December, the daytime average is 67°F and the nighttime average is 21°F.