✔ Located on the beautiful Sapelo Island, accessible only by boat/ferry
✔ Short drive to local, secluded beaches on the island
✔ Firepit, grill, and oyster roast table
✔ Beach cart, chairs, and towels provided
✔ Luxury bedrooms
✔ Screened-in porch
✔ Cozy living room & smart-tv
✔ Indoor & outdoor dining tables
✔ Bikes and indoor/outdoor games provided
✔ Equipped kitchen
✔ Walk-in shower
✔ On-site washer & dryer
✔ WiFi & landline phone available
Prepare for an adventure off the beaten path and join us on island time at Chachalaca Retreat, part of the Emma's Driftwood Farm collection! This three-bedroom, two-bath cabin is nestled near the Hog Hammock community on Sapelo Island, Georgia. There's no better place to rest and disconnect with friends & family as you gather around a firepit under moss-covered live oaks, stroll miles of secluded beaches or find the perfect spot to soak in some sun. On-island transportation provided. Please inquire upon confirmation of booking.
The island is only accessible by ferry or boat and is perfect for those who love history & adventure, without sacrificing any modern comforts. This retreat is operated and hosted by Emma's Driftwood Farm outside Darien, GA.
For an island adventure, you can stretch your legs as you explore the Sapelo Island Nature Trail - be sure to bring your binoculars for some of the best bird watching in the country. Local attractions include the Reynolds Mansion, Sapelo Island Lighthouse, & the Nanny Goat Beach.
Before arrival you will want to plan for transportation to the Island:
- The ferry leaves from the Sapelo Island Visitors Center; the Ferry service is provided by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and is $5 per person (Cash). FERRY MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE
- If utilizing the ferry, you will need to arrive and leave according to the ferry schedule.
Please be at the ferry 30 minutes prior to departure. You must check-in 15 minutes prior to departure. FERRY MUST BE BOOKED IN ADVANCE
- Transportation by our private boat with a captain from Emma's Driftwood Farm is available for an additional charge and subject to availability. Please inquire in advance.
Staying on Sapelo:
- Be sure to bring food and beverages, while there is a small country store on the island its stocks are limited
-There are no restaurants on Sapelo Island, but there are two local providers of home-cooked meals with planning in advance. Inquire for contact info.
- Bottled Waters and 2 bags of ice will be included. Ice is available at the General Store.
- Cell service is limited on the island but Wi-Fi calling and landline are available at the cabin.