Where to stay in Bucharest: Best areas for travelers
- Bucharest City-Centre: If you're fond of hanging out in the thick of things, head for this neighborhood. There's no shortage of great sights to check out here, including Romanian Athenaeum and Cismigiu Garden. Some favorite hotels in this area include the Scala In Rooms&Apartments, the Julia\'s Cosy Apartment and the Relax Comfort Suites.
- Sector 1: Begin your day at the Hotel Class and then make a beeline for Romanian Athenaeum. This awesome attraction is just one reason so many travelers stay in this neighborhood. The Expocenter Hotel and the Expocenter Hotel are other wonderful places to lay your head here.
- Sector 3: The chance to disconnect is just one of the reasons this neighborhood is so appealing. Enjoy a stroll around Titan Park and bask in the calm atmosphere. When you're not spending time exploring this area's nature attractions, put your feet up at the Inter Business Bucharest Hotel, the Taco or the HOTEL BLISS.
- Sector 2: It shouldn't come as a surprise that loads of travelers like staying here — there are plenty of things to see and do! Begin your exploring at National Arena, Baneasa Forest and Promenada. After a big day of running around, get your beauty sleep at the Sir Colentina Hotel Bucharest, the Brater Luxury Boutique or the HOTEL EST.
- Sector 5: If you only have time to see one attraction in this place, make a beeline for Palace of the Parliament. Wander around this famous sight at your own pace and then settle in to the Premier Palace Hotel & Spa. The JN Boutique Hotel and the La Casa Centrale also have everything you could want for a delightful stay.
Top Bucharest hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Bucharest
You haven't seen European architecture until you've seen Bucharest. As the capital of Romania, Bucharest has seen immense transformations, from medieval times to independence after the fall of the Soviet Union. Each era left its imprint, and modern Bucharest is a stunning example of blended architectural styles. Beyond its physical buildings, Bucharest is an exciting hub of culture and politics throughout eastern Europe. Plan your Bucharest vacations today and don't miss out on this hidden gem of Europe.
Whether you plan on it or not, you'll probably end up gazing upon the enormity of the world's largest parliament building, the Palace of the Parliament. Located in central Bucharest, it's a great starting point to branch out into the rest of the city. The National Museum of Art in Romania is a hotbed of both historical and contemporary art, housed inside an architecturally stunning building. For an understanding of Romanian life outside the cosmopolitan capital, head over to the Dimitrie Gusti National Village Museum. This well-curated museum hosts an extensive collection of authentic houses, churches, and other artifacts of rural life from all over Romania. Rental cars in Bucharest will give you a chance to explore these attractions on your own time, especially since the road system is well designed and easy to navigate.
Recurring Festivals and Events
In keeping with its cultural prominence, the National Opera in Bucharest hosts the annual International Opera Festival every May and June. The events showcase some of the world's finest operatic talents in historic venues around the city. For a change of pace, check the schedule of the National Museum of the Romanian Peasant. Considered one of Europe's premier museums, they host several events through the year that showcase the rich history of peasant life in Romania.
Don't miss a thing when you book your Bucharest vacation packages today with Travelocity. Amazing discounts on Bucharest package deals will get you the best price for your flight and hotel in Bucharest ! Use the Travelocity mobile app and get exclusive deals!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Bucharest?
How long should my Bucharest vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Bucharest?
Why should I purchase my Bucharest vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Bucharest car rental if I book it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Bucharest?
Which airport is best for Bucharest?
What is there to do in Bucharest?
Where should I stay when visiting Bucharest?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.