Welcome to 'Hidden Chalet', located only 15 minutes from Red River Gorge hiking! This cozy cabin is secluded for privacy, yet close to all the Red River Gorge has to offer! It sleeps up to four people in the two bedrooms, while the pullout in the living area makes room for six. This cute cabin offers a lovely fire pit with seating, charcoal grill, WiFi, hot tub, washer and dryer, and so much more!
-- THE CABIN --
Bedroom 1: Queen Bed | Loft: Queen Bed | Sleeper Sofa
Enjoy an isolated, wooded, yet completely modern escape with the added comfort of a highly-rated care team available for any concerns that might arise during your stay.
Hidden Chalet is absolute perfection if you're seeking that classic cabin feel. Ideal for a group of friends or a family, this cabin is spacious enough for six to be comfortable, yet cozy enough to ensure your vacation is spent in close proximity with your loved ones.
Select from an array of provided board games, DVDs, and even play some arcade Galaga! The Roku TV allows you to log into your streaming services like Netflix and Hulu to enjoy your favorite movies and shows.
Cooking at the cabin is easy and convenient in the fully equipped kitchen featuring a Keurig, coffee maker, microwave, stove, pots, and pans, and utensils. Just bring food, drinks, and charcoal if you want to fire up the grill!
Experience the wrap around porch, hot tub, and fire pit after each exciting day of outdoor fun. Fast wifi, indoors and out, allows you to stay connected and share the day's adventures with friends, family, and followers.
-- THE AREA --
The East entrance to the Red River Gorge is just 10 minutes away and offers ample hiking trails, bird-watching, kayaking, swimming, rock climbing, and fishing opportunities.
Just a few minutes away, be sure to check out the Red River Gorge Scenic Byway!
A picturesque drive will bring you down to the Red River, where you can cross a swinging bridge for a truly unique experience. During your trip, marvel at the beautiful scenery and wildlife that lines the road.
Have some fun on the water when you visit Mill Creek Lake for kayaking, canoeing, stand up paddleboarding, and fishing. Bring the family to Hemlock Lodge for a lunch at the Sandstone Arches restaurant, or just pack your own for the picnic area.
Visit Natural Bridge State Resort Park for a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see a million-year-old sandstone arch accessible via a scenic hike or a relaxing ride on the sky lift.
Soar like an eagle through the trees on an exciting zip line ride when you stop by Cliffview. For a more family-friendly zip line ride, visit Frenchburg. New to the excitement? Sign up for rock climbing lessons and guided climbs when you visit Southeast Mountain Guides.
The kids will love seeing the scaly creatures at the Reptile Zoo, or you can visit Thrillsville for a round of mini-golf or a chance to kayak through a 100-year-old limestone cave.
Take a horseback ride through the forest with views of ponds, waterfalls, and rocky outcroppings when you visit Whispering Valley Riding Trails nearby.
When your stomach starts to rumble, sit down to a delicious meal at one of the local restaurants, like Sky Bridge Station, Miguel's Pizza, or Red River Rockhouse.
-- ADDITIONAL DETAILS --
Key Residence Features:
- Amenities include a fully equipped kitchen, coffee maker, Keurig, free WiFi, private hot tub, flat-screen smart TVs with Roku, DVD player, charcoal grill, outdoor fire pit, and washer/dryer
- Fresh linens and towels. We also include essential starter packs to make your stay easier! (Starter packs include: 2 rolls of toilet paper, 2 rolls of paper towels, 3 shampoos and conditioners, 3 bar soaps, 3 dishwasher pods, 3 laundry pods, 3 trash bags, and 1 sponge.) You will also need to bring your own firewood and charcoal for the grill. Please purchase firewood locally!
- Prime Red River Gorge location - Close to hiking, horseback riding, rock climbing, kayaking, canoeing, zip lines, sight-seeing, restaurants, and much more
- Located within walking distance of Eclectic Hillside, Hillside Loft, and Sunrise Cabin
- There is a doorbell camera, as well as camera surveillance uphill at the end of the driveway, facing the driveway, and next to the propane tank, directed at the end of the driveway.
-- POLICIES --
- We recommend reading our Guest Rental Agreement entirely prior to booking. This will need to be signed after booking. You can view the entire agreement here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1T8orfPYIG0qypE1z2XpWhoZyXTlcu1MxpJZVS5kC3_c/edit?usp=sharing
- Check-in begins at 4 pm. Check-out is 11 am. Please note that arriving early or departing late will result in additional charges
- No smoking (outside only)
- No pets allowed
- No events, parties or large gatherings
- Please note: 4WD strongly recommended, cabin is located up a steep hill. Limited parking; vehicles exceeding 2 please park at the local park and ride and carpool to the cabin.
- Must be at least 18 years old to book
- Additional fees and taxes may apply
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
* NOTE: These cabins, while offering deluxe accommodations, are in a heavily wooded area. Occasionally, guests may experience weather conditions or power outages that are out of the host's control. The hosts will do all they can to assist but are not responsible for issues beyond their control. Our owners make every effort to keep the hot tubs functioning perfectly, as they are the most requested amenity. However, mechanical problems may occur that cannot be resolved quickly in this remote area and no refunds are made if this occurs, per the terms of our rental agreement. Enjoy the many other amenities, beautiful surroundings and area adventures during your stay. Pets Only Allowed at Pet-Friendly Cabins. Pets brought to Pet-friendly Cabins must be paid for in advance or at time of booking. No pets are permitted in or on the Rental Unit, unless the Rental Unit is Pet-Friendly. A Minimum of $350.00 per pet will be charged to the Guest for pets brought to non-pet-friendly cabins or for pets that were not pre-approved. Please contact us as soon as possible if your plans change and you must cancel or reschedule your stay. A $50 cancellation fee applies to all cancellations, and no refunds are allowed within 14 days or less of your booked check-in date. We will work with you to re-schedule your dates if your check-in date is greater than 14 days away. No refunds are permitted due to sudden inclement winter weather – but come anyway and get snowed in with us! We will accommodate late checkouts if roads are hazardous on your departure day. Please be aware that no refunds are permitted for cancellations on holiday rates, which includes but is not limited to, New Year's weekend, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. For a the possibility of a full refund, you will be given the option to purchase renters insurance during the booking process, or you can contact us directly to apply this.