Develop your snowboarding techniques at Cascade Mountain Ski Area, an outstanding ski area that attracts thrill-seekers from everywhere.
You will find it in Wisconsin Dells, approximately 30 miles (48 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Madison.
There are 2 hotels nearby, so you would be wise to reserve in advance. Within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Cascade Mountain Ski Area you will find the Comfort Suites and Days Inn Portage.
If you care little about fancy services and just want to have a clean bed to sleep on, stay a few nights at one of the surrounding area's low-cost solutions. Some choices are the Ridge Hotel Portage and the Super 8 Portage.
Other Things to Do Near Cascade Mountain Ski Area
Once you've finished with Cascade Mountain Ski Area, don't forget about the region's other sights:
- Learning more about the history of a place at Museum at the Portage will make you feel more appreciative of the land and its inhabitants during your getaway.
- Visit Fort Winnebago Surgeons Quarters and and imagine the people who once walked its halls.
- If you're eager to explore aspects of the area's history, enjoy a guided tour of Historic Indian Agency House, a well-known historic residence.
- The rooms of Aldo Leopold Foundation hold some intriguing history. Learn more about this preserved structure by booking a tour.
- A fun hike on the popular North Country National Scenic Trail will provide nature lovers with tranquil scenes and a refreshing break from the hustle and bustle of city life.