Chamarel Falls occupies a special place in the hearts of the locals. During your visit, you will meet plenty of fellow globetrotters who have also come to take in this wonderful icon.
To visit it, make your way to Chemin Grenier, around 25 miles (40 kilometers) outside of Port Louis, the country's capital.
You can find 7 possible accommodations situated within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Chamarel Falls. The Lakaz Chamarel Exclusive Lodge and the La Vieille Cheminee are great choices, found 1 mile (2 kilometers) and 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, respectively.
Spend a few nights at the Vanilla House, 5 miles (8 kilometers) away, and save your precious travel allowance for indulging in the fantastic local food.
After a frantic day, rest your worn-out legs at a luxury hotel that's just a quick drive away. Consider the Heritage the Villas and Dinarobin Beachcomber.
Other Things to Do Near Chamarel Falls
After finishing up with Chamarel Falls, you can stop by some of the area's other notable attractions:
- It's definitely worth your while to admire the undulating dunes and vegetation sprouting in the dry land at Chamarel Coloured Earth.
- A significant historical location, Seven Coloured Earths is worth visiting to really get a feel for the past.
- Those who love spirits shouldn't miss Rhumerie de Chamarel. Learn all about the distilling processes and enjoy a tasting session.
- Sun Divers is a local spot where you can try underwater sports.
- Nature seekers will delight in a photo opportunity at Les 7 Cascades.