FAQs about Cusco Flights
Which airlines fly to Cusco?
13 carriers fly to Cusco, which means you have a good variety of options. Savvy travelers often recommend flying with:
What airport is best to fly into Cusco?
- Japan Transocean Air
- SriLankan Airlines
- LATAM Airlines
Cusco Airport (CUZ-Alejandro Velasco Astete Intl.) is around 2 miles (3 kilometers) from the sights and sounds of downtown Cusco. It's the only airport servicing the city, so there's no chance of your cab driver taking you to the wrong one! Where to stay in Cusco
Finding the perfect place to stay is a vital ingredient for a memorable travel experience. Take your pick of 516 properties in Cusco and start planning the escape of your dreams!
It's not every day you take a vacation, so why not indulge in a little luxury? The Sonesta Hotel Cusco and the Casa Andina Premium Cusco are a few of the best upmarket properties in Cusco. The Casa Ananta Family House and the Kukuli Lodge are some economical options if you'd rather spend your vacation budget on experiences. Places to visit in Cusco
Sacsayhuaman is a spot that will transport you far back in time. You'll get to see an archaeological dig, in addition to a number of intriguing items that were found. Want some more options? You'll want to explore Plaza de Armas, a historic piazza that's appreciated by locals and tourists alike. And there's more. Find a spiritual retreat and leave your earthly concerns behind at Qorikancha How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Cusco
These handy tips and hints about airport security checks will save you a lot of time and energy on your trip to Cusco:
- Ensure your boarding pass and passport are not hard to access. You will be asked to produce them straightaway.
- Wallets, USB sticks and wrist watches are to be put in a tray for X-raying. If you walk into the body scanner with these items, you'll be turned around and requested to remove them.
- Laptops need to be taken out of their protective cases and placed in a tray before being scanned.
- Traveling with a new cologne or perfume? As long as it's no greater than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters) and it's stored in a clear zip-lock bag, you can keep it in your hand luggage.
- Loosen your shoelaces before approaching the body scanner. Depending on what sort of shoes you're wearing, security may ask you to take them off.
- The list of non-permissible items is forever changing. Browse your airline's official website to find out what is not allowed on board their flights.