FAQs about Lucerne Flights
What airport is best to fly into Lucerne?
Lucerne has only one airport. You'll be arriving at Zurich Airport (ZRH), which is located 31 miles (50 kilometers) from downtown. Where to stay in Lucerne
There's no more suitable time to indulge yourself than when you're on vacation. Book a room at the Hotel Des Balances and enjoy a taste of the high life during your stay. Lucerne also offers accommodations that won't break the budget. Check the rates at the Hotel Falken if you would rather keep those pennies in your pocket. Places to visit in Lucerne
Taste the unique flavor of this lively metropolis by enjoying attractions like Mount Pilatus and Chapel Bridge. If you've got a little more time up your sleeve, the Swiss Transportation Museum and Loewenplatz are well worth visiting too.
A prominent local monument, Lion Monument is a reminder of historical happenings that are inscribed in the minds of the local residents. Like some more options? Gain a better sense of aspects of the culture and spirit of the area by walking around Saint Peters Church, a local place of worship. And that's not all there is. Hofkirche is a pleasant and peaceful place of worship. Look at it from a distance or see if you're able to spend a bit of time inside. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Lucerne
If you like the idea of spending more time at the airport bar and less time navigating your way through security on your way to Lucerne, follow these practical tips:
- Have your boarding pass and passport somewhere accessible. They'll be the first things you'll be instructed to produce by security personnel.
- It's important to know that metal belt buckles can set off the body scanner's alarms. If you're wearing one, you may be instructed to step back and remove it before moving forward.
- All laptops must be taken out of their protective carry bags and placed in a tray before being scanned.
- Face cream, toothpaste and other toiletry items in liquid, gel or cream form need to be stored in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They also need to fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock bag.
- Undo your shoelaces as you approach the body scanner. Depending on what sort of shoes you've got on, security may instruct you to remove them.
- Multi-tools and corkscrews are prohibited inside the aircraft. Put them in your checked luggage to avoid leaving them at the security checkpoint.