FAQs about Mecca Flights
What airport is best to fly into Mecca?
Mecca has just one airport, which makes booking your flight to the city a simple process. Jeddah Airport (JED-King Abdulaziz Intl.) is about 47 miles (75 kilometers) from the action downtown. Where to stay in Mecca
There's no more fitting time to spoil yourself than when you're taking a vacation. Lock in a room at the Mobark Plaza Hotel Makkah and enjoy a taste of the high life during your stay. Watching your budget? Not to worry, you won't be left out in the cold. The Al Shahba Hotel Makkah will keep both you and your bank account happy. Places to visit in Mecca
Whether you want to walk around the holy prayer rooms or gaze at the outer design, you should plan to go to Kaaba. Need some more options? Pay a visit to Abraj Al-Bait Towers and gaze into the sky. You'll be thrilled by just how huge this skyscraper is. But there's more. Take some time to go to Great Mosque of Mecca and you will notice that no architectural element was neglected in the design of this holy place. How to get through airport security fast when traveling to Mecca
These handy tips and hints about airport security procedures will save you plenty of time on your way to Mecca:
- Make sure you know the whereabouts of your boarding pass and travel ID. You don't want to hold up the queue when you're asked to present them.
- Remove your shoes and belt before approaching the security checkpoint. Items like these are not allowed in the body scanner.
- Make sure your phone, laptop and other electronic devices are easily accessible. These items need to be sent through the X-ray machine separately.
- Toothpaste, deodorant and other toiletry items in liquid, gel or cream form need to be stored in containers no larger than 3.4 ounces (100 milliliters). They must also fit in a 1-quart (1-liter) clear zip-lock bag.
- Consider the type of footwear you want to fly in. Slippers are awesome because they're a piece of cake to remove for the airport security checks. Try wearing a pair on your next journey!
- Stash any multi-tools or other sharp items inside your checked luggage. Airport security won't permit these on the aircraft.