When adventure calls your name, whatever you do, don’t ignore it. You might find yourself with a driver in hand, standing over your ball on the tee-box of one of the most celebrated golf courses on the PGA Tour. Perhaps your calling is a walking tour, exploring impressive art galleries and upscale boutiques. Then again, your “adventure” may be an appointment with the attentive hands of a well-trained massage therapist at a seaside spa. Here at Travelocity, we’re dedicated to helping you give into that magnetic sense of wanderlust. And no place on the planet offers that opportunity more so than Monterey. You’ll discover our vast selection of flights to Monterey, CA (MRY) which make it easy for you to embark on an unforgettable trip. Whether you’re venturing around the peninsula on your own or treating your family to an unexpected vacation, a trip to this northern California town offers just the escape you had in mind. As soon as your flights to Monterey land, explore the city’s most famous spots and search for its hidden gems. Dive into the local scene, as you relish the cuisine and dabble in the art, music, and cultural attractions. And, when you use Travelocity to help you find cheap flights to Monterey, CA, you’ll have some extra money in your pocket to spend at those high-end shops.
Transportation From MRY
Monterey flights arrive at the relatively small Monterey Regional Airport (MRY). Once you grab your luggage from the baggage claim carousel, you’ll have a few transportation options at your disposal to help you get to your hotel. Cabs from a handful of regulated taxi services are available for hire, and the Monterey Salinas Transit authority has bus routes that serve MRY, too. More likely, though, you’ll want a rental car for your stay on the peninsula. In that case, you can pick up your vehicle from one of about a half-dozen on-site companies.
Hotels Near MRY
To provide a sense of perspective, Monterey Regional Airport is only 4 miles from the Fisherman’s Wharf and Municipal Beach in town, putting all area accommodations in proximity. If you are undecided on a resort, we recommend the following hotels near MRY:
- Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa – Built into the cliffs that separate Cannery Row from the rocky shores below, the Monterey Plaza offers luxurious comforts that stand in stark contrast to the surrounding tough terrain. From the Whirlpool spas on the massive deck overlooking the harbor to the world-class spa, guests are pampered throughout their stay.
- Hyatt Regency Monterey Hotel & Spa – Set on a majestic 22-acre property on the rolling hills overlooking the corner of Monterey Bay, the Hyatt welcomes its guests with a championship-caliber golf course, live jazz lounge, and farm-to-table California cuisine-Tuscan fusion restaurant. In between the sand-traps and sandwiches, indulge in a treatment from the Marilyn Monroe Spa, take a slow saunter along the walking trails, or rent a bicycle for a quick cruise to the coast.
- Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre Boutique Hotel – Located just north of Monterey State Beach, the Tides is far enough away from the attractions downtown to afford its guests with a quiet—seemingly private—stretch of beachfront paradise. Let the sound of the rolling tide lull you to sleep on your plush mattress with signature bedding before waking to a locally sourced breakfast at Café Beach.
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay – Just steps from boutique shopping, coastal walking trails, and fine dining establishments, the Portola is in a perfect place to explore the entire Monterey peninsula. The outdoors impeccably blend into the décor in the nautically inspired guestrooms, and the on-site spa and fitness center boast the largest facilities in the county.
Things to Do Near MRY
There’s little doubt that your Monterey vacation will include strolls along Cannery Row, taking in the sights at Fisherman’s Wharf, and relaxing along the rugged Pacific shoreline. Make sure to fit these fun things to do near MRY into your Monterey itinerary, even if you are only in town on a long layover:
- Pebble Beach – You don’t need to be a golf fanatic to enjoy a tour of the famed Pebble Beach Golf Links. Walk out to Arrowhead Point or stand behind the tee at the iconic 10th hole to get a sense of what PGA Tour players experience every weekend.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium – With behind-the-scenes tours, special feeding opportunities, and daily shows, there is always something extra to see at this captivating attraction. Once a working sardine canning facility, the aquarium is now home to over 500 species of marine life.
- 17-Mile Drive – Put your rental car to good use on this spectacular stretch of scenic highway. One of the most picturesque roadways in the nation, a cruise along 17-Mile Drive rewards you with breathtaking vistas of the Pacific coast to the west. Hopefully, you rented a convertible.
Explore the Monterey Peninsula
Travelocity is here when you’re ready to change up the hum drum routine of life. Browse through our selection of tickets to Monterey, California, to scoop up deals within your price range. We know you want to spend more on your adventures and activities and less on your airfare tickets, so take advantage of our exclusive mobile app deals. You can save even more when you bundle your airfare to Monterey, CA with your hotel reservations. What are you waiting for? There’s no time like the present to embark on a getaway in this captivating northern California seaside paradise.
Need insider tips on must-see attractions in Monterey? Check out our Monterey travel guide!