From the anticipation of hauling up a net full of Chesapeake blue crabs to the thrill of landing a majestic blue marlin, you can appreciate the patience that goes into every great reward. Sometimes, patience comes in the form or reclining on a massage table or riding in a four-wheel-drive vehicle over the sand dunes. And, the reward is a rejuvenated body or a glimpse at a band of wild ponies. One of the best places to reward yourself with practiced patience is around Salisbury, Maryland, on the Delmarva peninsula (comprised of parts of Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia). When adventure calls your name, whatever you do, don’t ignore it. Here at Travelocity, we’re dedicated to helping you give into that magnetic sense of wanderlust. You’ll discover our vast selection of flights to Salisbury, which make it easy for you to embark on an unforgettable trip. Whether you’re venturing out to the city on your own or treating your family to an unexpected vacation, a trip to Maryland’s Eastern Shore offers just the escape you had in mind. As soon as your plane lands, explore Salisbury’s most famous spots and search for its hidden gems. Dive into the local scene, as you relish the cuisine and dabble in the art, music, and cultural attractions. And, when you use Travelocity to help you find cheap tickets to Salisbury, you’ll have enough extra cash left over to have a crab feast every night of your stay.
Transportation from SBY
Salisbury, MD flights arrive daily at Salisbury-Ocean City: Wicomico Regional Airport (SBY). Once used as a naval training base, SBY serves the entire Delmarva Peninsula, with daily flights on US Airways to destinations all over the world. Just 5 miles from downtown, this small airport is quite handy for flights to Salisbury, MD and destinations throughout the area. Even though there is only one arrival gate, 100,000 passengers fly through SBY each year. You’ll have a choice of a handful of major car rental companies upon arrival in Salisbury, giving you a convenient way to get around on your stay in Maryland’s Eastern Shore. If your accommodations are in Salisbury, proper, as opposed to the beaches, you could take advantage of available taxis and private airport shuttles.
Hotels Near SBY
As soon as your Salisbury flights land, you’ll probably want to freshen up before you head out and start exploring the surrounding area. If that is the case, here are some of our favorite hotels near SBY:
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Salisbury, MD – Located near highways 50 and 13, the Country Inn & Suites is in a perfect location for a Delmarva adventure. Guests enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast, free Wi-Fi, and indoor pool with hot tub.
- Days Inn Salisbury – Fuel up with a free breakfast before venturing out for a day of excitement. Close to Coco’s Funhouse and the Poplar Hill Mansion, the Days Inn is surrounded by area attractions. If you prefer to take some time off from hitting the local hot spots, spend an afternoon relaxing by the outdoor pool.
- Americas Best Value Inn – With free Wi-Fi, flexible meeting space, and extended-stay discounts, this hotel is a great option for business travelers and vacationers, alike. Sleep well on the comfortable bedding before enjoying a free breakfast on your way to start your day.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Salisbury – A stay at this riverfront hotel in the heart of downtown Salisbury will put you close to great brew pubs, unique shops, and amazing sidewalk cafes. Hotel amenities include a free airport shuttle, on-site bar and grill, and indoor pool.
Things to Do Near SBY
There is a lot to do on the Delmarva peninsula, and you probably have a list of attractions you’d like to visit. Make sure to add these things to do near SBY to your itinerary:
- Have a crabcake – When you are this close to the Chesapeake Bay, you better take advantage and have a buttery, mouthwatering crabcake. Don’t stop there, though. You definitely want to sample some steamed crabs, or maybe even a soft-shell crab sandwich. Extra Old Bay seasoning, please!
- Hit the Boardwalk – Ocean City, MD is a quick 30-minute ride from Salisbury. Not only is it the “Blue Marlin Capital of the World,” there is also an impressive boardwalk with souvenir shops, food stands, and even a pier full of amusement rides.
- Checkout the Ponies – Assateague is a 37-mile barrier island, shielding the mainland from the Atlantic. It’s also home to thousands of wild ponies, as well as hundreds of species of shorebirds.
Travelocity is here when you’re ready to go out and smell the roses—or crab boil, as it were. Browse through our selection of cheap flights to Salisbury, MD to scoop up deals within your price range. We know you want to spend more on your adventures and activities and less on your airfare tickets, so take advantage of our exclusive mobile app deals. You can save even more when you bundle your Salisbury airfare with your hotel reservations. What are you waiting for? There’s no time like the present to embark on a getaway in this Delmarva-lous destination.
Though you can’t get lost in shops and there is no bar, SBY offers a café, lounge, and free Wi-Fi that can help entertain you if you have extra time before you can get through security for your flight. You’ll have a choice of three major car rental companies upon arrival in Salisbury, giving you a convenient way to get around on your trip.