History is everywhere we look, not just in lecture halls or library books. You can get a look into the area's past when you check out Chillingham Castle.
It is in Alnwick, which is roughly 290 miles (467 kilometers) outside of the national capital, London.
There are 2 accommodations nearby, so it's a good idea to book ahead of time. Within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Chillingham Castle you will discover the Chatton Park House B&B and Percy Arms.
There are a handful of top-end hotels within easy commuting distance, perfect in case you're feeling extravagant. You might want to consider The Old Vicarage and The Farm House Guest House.
Other Things to Do Near Chillingham Castle
If you would like to cram as much as humanly possible into your itinerary, see what else is happening:
- Enjoy an expedition surrounded by nature's beauty at College Valley Estate, a popular trail.
- History buffs will be keen to visit Belford and District Hidden History, a place where history comes to life and tells stories from the region's past.
- Preston Tower is a historically important local attraction and an ideal location to meet.
- Travelers who make time to visit Hulne Park, a lovely private garden, are invariably enchanted by its splendid flower beds and botanical displays.
- While not the most prestigious or famous museum, RNLI Grace Darling Museum might still be worth visiting if you have a passion for learning.