Book a hotel near Church of San Pietro Caveoso, Matera
Wander Wisely with the Travelocity Price Match Guarantee
Hotels near Church of San Pietro Caveoso
Church of San Pietro Caveoso Hotel & Travel Guide
Church of San Pietro Caveoso, an attraction of sacred significance, is one of the most fascinating places to experience the local culture and religion.
You'll be pleased you made the trek to its home in Matera, 230 miles (370 kilometers) outside of Rome, the national capital.
With an impressive selection of 34 possible accommodations an easy stroll from the action, you won't need to settle for anything that's not perfect. So much choice can sometimes make it hard to know where to start. We advise first taking a look at the Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita, Palazzo Gattini Luxury Hotel and Sant'Angelo Luxury Resort.
If you're on a tight budget, you'll be pleased to know that there are a variety of accommodation solutions that lean towards the cheaper end of the scale. Two highly recommended establishments are the Residenza le Dodici Lune and the Residenza dei Suoni, only 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) and 0.2 miles (0.3 kilometers) away, respectively.
Live it up a little and spend a couple of nights at one of the lavish establishments not far away. You could stay at the La Casa Di Lucio Hotel Relais, only 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away, or the Palazzo Viceconte, located 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away.
From its early start along the coast of Eastern Africa, coffee is now appreciated on every continent. Stop by Keiv (Piazza San Pietro Caveoso, Matera), just 0.1 miles (0.2 kilometers) away, to taste a cup of the local brew.
Other Things to Do Near Church of San Pietro CaveosoOnce you're finished visiting Church of San Pietro Caveoso, get ready for everything that the rest of the area has available:
- Embark on an adventure through the mists of time when you see Chiesa di Santa Maria d'Idris.
- Explore Piazza San Pietro Caveoso, and try to visualize what went on at this piazza many lifetimes ago.
- A significant historical location, Casa Grotto di Vico Solitario is a place to visit to really get a feel for the past.
- Bring your family to enjoy an educational and popular tourist attraction at Sassi di Matera. There you will see evidence of an archaeological dig, and even items that were found.
- Lovers of artistic creations should explore Museo della Scultura Contemporanea where they'll be truly impressed.