There aren't many things that can beat the invigorating feeling of being outdoors. Make the trip to Clingmans Dome for a dose of the good stuff.
It's situated in Cherokee, which is roughly 270 miles (435 kilometers) from the state capital, Raleigh.
While you won’t find any rooms in the immediate vicinity, you won't be left out in the cold when it comes to finding a comfortable bed and a steaming shower. With as many as 6 places to stay that are 8 miles (13 kilometers) away, you won't mind the short commute from Bryson City. The Sleep Inn Bryson City - Cherokee Area, Riverbend Lodging and Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Bryson City are a handful you might like to investigate.
Other Things to Do Near Clingmans Dome
Once you're finished at Clingmans Dome, you aren't going to run out of things to do with all of the other possibilities in the rest of the area:
- A fun hike through Alum Cave Trail always rewards nature enthusiasts with tranquil scenes and a well-deserved break from the stress and noise of daily city life.
- Grab your water bottle and go to the top of Chimney Tops.
- The water plummeting over Indian Creek Falls is a magnificent and unspoiled attraction.
- The unique splendor of Tom Branch Falls is something every visitor should experience.
- Sugarlands Visitor Center can provide you with the information you need to ensure you make the most of your vacation.