If you're the type of traveler that has a never-ending curiosity, you'll be sure to have a great time at Crown Point State Historic Site.
You'll be able to experience it in Crown Point, 50 miles (80 kilometers) from the state capital, Montpelier.
Part of the appeal of the landscape around Crown Point State Historic Site is its lack of development. So, you can't feel too put out that you have to journey a bit further out for accommodations. Venture 35 miles (56 kilometers) and you will find Wilmington, along with 6 places to stay. Frequented by fellow travelers are the Mountain Brook Lodge, Cadence Lodge at Whiteface and Alpine Country Inn and Suites.
Other Things to Do Near Crown Point State Historic Site
If you would like to fit as much as humanly possible into your time away, here's a sample of what else is happening:
- See a unique local attraction that the whole family can enjoy. Gunnison Lakeshore Orchards is a lovely activity for a sunny day.
- Become immersed in a whole new world when you see one of the many plays available at Depot Theatre.
- Take in the sights and sounds of the great outdoors as you explore Button Bay State Park.
- Bring the family to spend time with the horses and colts at Travelocity. Seeing these splendid creatures up close is a wonderful treat for the entire group, young and old.
- Check out Ticonderoga Cartoon Museum, where the kids can explore the exhibits and even learn a thing or two.