Known as one of the region’s most loved nature-based sites, DeSoto State Park will appeal to those with a passion for nature.
It is located in Scottsboro, roughly 150 miles (241 kilometers) from the state capital, Montgomery.
Although there is only 1 accommodation option nearby, you won't be missing out on comfort. From DeSoto State Park to the Quality Inn is just 5 miles (8 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near DeSoto State Park
Whether you'd like to take the road less traveled or explore the more well-known attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do after you visit DeSoto State Park:
- Feel nice and relaxed at Cloudmont Ski and Golf Resort, a local resort.
- Are you ready to put your credit card to use? The well-known The Gourdie Shop is a must-visit on many people's schedules.
- An outing to Fort Payne Depot Museum, a well-respected history museum, is certain to be both enjoyable and informative.
- Little River Canyon Center features exhibits, art courses and music shows that are certain to lend you a better understanding of the area's arts scene.
- The water flowing over Marthas Falls is a gorgeous natural wonder.