Nature lovers will enjoy Derwentwater, one of the region's most visited natural attractions.
It's situated in Lake District, about 75 miles (121 kilometers) from the popular city of Manchester.
Even though there are only 2 hotels nearby, they will allow you to have a short commute from the site. Located within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Derwentwater, the Best Western Plus Lake District, Keswick, Castle Inn Hotel and Overwater Hall are sure to meet your expectations.
Live like royalty at one of the several upmarket hotels a short drive away. Rooms at the Maple Bank and Armathwaite Hall Hotel are ideal choices.
Other Things to Do Near Derwentwater
If you would like to stuff as much as humanly possible into your trip, here's a sampling of what else is going on:
- With a diverse range of species, Lake District Wildlife Park is invariably a fun and educational place to explore and admire the animals.
- The shores of lovely Bassenthwaite Lake are popular with visitors and locals.
- Some areas are so important that they're protected. Dubwath Silver Meadows is one of those places.
- You'll be sure to enjoy an informative guided tour of Mirehouse & Gardens, a local historic house.
- Gain a better understanding of the culture and spirit of the area by going to see St Michael's Church, Isel, a local place of worship.