Consider how societies have developed through history as you explore Doubling Point Lighthouse.
If you do decide to visit, your journey will take you to Boothbay Harbor, 110 miles (177 kilometers) from the capital of the state, Concord.
You'll be pleased to know that there are 2 accommodations nearby. Situated within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Doubling Point Lighthouse, the Kennebec Inn Bed and Breakfast and Residence Inn Bath Brunswick Area are sure to tick all your boxes.
Other Things to Do Near Doubling Point Lighthouse
In addition to Doubling Point Lighthouse, visitors often stop by one or two of the area's other popular attractions:
- Maine Maritime Museum boasts memorabilia, diagrams and stories that help document the seafaring past of this area.
- Soak in nature's beauty at Sewell Pond Conservation Area.
- Convenient information displays and brochures can be seen at Bath Visitor Information Center.
- Go and devote an enjoyable afternoon to appreciating art at Markings Gallery, a local art gallery.
- The excellent performances, cultural festivals and special events featured at Chocolate Church are valued by the local community's creators and viewers.