You're bound to experience something new during your time at Fort Gordon.
Augusta, where it can be found, sits 130 miles (209 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Atlanta.
If you're primarily here to visit Fort Gordon, it would make sense to take a room at the Executive Suites Inn Augusta. At 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, it's the closest option to the attraction.
If luxury facilities and services aren't a priority, think about some of the budget hotels available. You can take a look at the Country Hearth Inn and Suites Augusta and the Super 8 - Augusta Ft Gordon Belair.
Other Things to Do Near Fort Gordon
If you want to pack as much as you possibly can into your vacation, have a look at what else is happening:
- Take a tour of Signal Corps Museum to learn about the armed forces.
- Golf is a nice way to relax and exercise at the same time. So if you'd like to give it a try, book a round at Gordon Lakes Golf Course.
- Enjoy a shopping frenzy at Augusta Mall, a well-known shopping destination for both locals and visitors.
- If you are keen to learn about the region, go and have a look at Georgia Visitor Information Center - Augusta and grab some flyers.
- Confederate Monument is a popular local monument that provides visitors with an intriguing insight into the history of the area and its people.