You'll be pleased you added Fort Knox State Park to your travel to-do list.
To visit it, get yourself to Bangor. You'll soon discover what it is that makes this city so popular with sightseers.
You have 2 accommodation options to select from nearby, and they're all popular choices. The Fort Knox Park Inn and Bucksport Motor Inn are situated within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Fort Knox State Park.
You'll soon discover that The Local Variety LLC (79 Main Street, Bucksport), just a short walk away, is a popular venue to take a hot beverage and contemplate your day. For food that's a bit more substantial, ensure that you bring along your appetite to Harbor View Grille (96 Main Street, Bucksport).
Other Things to Do Near Fort Knox State Park
After your time is done at Fort Knox State Park, there are even more journeys to take in the wider area:
- Take a few steps back and appreciate the smooth, contemporary lines of Penobscot Narrows Bridge and Observatory, a bridge which is an attraction in its own right.
- A cemetery may not be the number one site on most people's touring schedules, but you will find that Buck Cemetery has a fascinating story to share about the history of the region.
- Get a stronger sense of the area's history with a visit to the thought-provoking Fort Knox State Historic Site.
- Whether you're a regular golfer or an amateur, don't miss the chance to play a few rounds at Bucksport Golf Club.
- Relish the zesty notes of this region at Winterport Winery.