Dig deeper into the history of the area at Garner Veterans’ Memorial, a must-see for any history addict.
To experience it, head over to Raleigh, the capital of the state.
Accommodation options are a bit thin in the immediate vicinity of Garner Veterans’ Memorial, but you will find 15 possibilities within 6 miles (10 kilometers). See which one appeals to you the most out of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Raleigh SW NC State and Hampton Inn Raleigh Garner.
For tourists that prefer bargain prices, consider booking a room at one of the less expensive accommodations here. You might like to try the Comfort Inn Raleigh and the Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Raleigh NCSU - Convention Center.
Other Things to Do Near Garner Veterans’ Memorial
Here's a sample of the area's other popular pursuits:
- Try and find the fairways at 401 Par Golf, a nice place to relax and play a round or two.
- Throw around a Frisbee and enjoy the green surroundings at Lake Wheeler Park. Perhaps you could even bring a simple picnic and really make a day of it.
- If you need some outdoor fun, visit Historic Yates Mill County Park, a popular local recreational area.
- You shouldn't have to leave the city to spend time in the fresh air and tranquil atmosphere of pleasing parkland spaces. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Gardens awaits visitors and locals alike.
- Get set for an evening bursting with talent when you watch a play at North Carolina Theatre.