So, you're thinking about a trip to Gelli Aur Country Park?
Carmarthen is where you'll find it. To get there, you will need to make your way 140 miles (225 kilometers) from Manchester, which is a terrific city in its own right.
It would be a good idea to sort out an accommodation ahead of time, as there's just 1 in the surrounding area. Upon walking out the front door of The Plough Rhosmaen, it's just 4 miles (6 kilometers) to Gelli Aur Country Park.
Other Things to Do Near Gelli Aur Country Park
Whether you're wanting to diverge from the main tourist route or explore the more well-known sights, you're not going to run out of things to do once you're finished at Gelli Aur Country Park:
- You'll step into a floral wonderland at Aberglasney Gardens, a stunning private garden in the local area.
- Carreg Cennen, an actual castle, is a must-see attraction for history fans and their families. You will imagine yourself living hundreds of years ago as you go on a tour of this remarkable, historic building.
- If the prospect of touring a real historic castle interests you, then it's your lucky day! Carreg Cennen Castle awaits.
- To encounter Dryslwyn Castle is truly a chance to see a part of history.
- If you'd like some outdoor relaxation, go to Llyn Llech Owain Country Park, a well-loved recreational area.