Where to stay in Granada: Best areas for travelers
- Almunecar: There's nothing like fresh air and the outdoors to help you unwind. Almunecar is known for its natural sights, with Ornitologico Loro Park, Pena Escrita and Las Americas Park making their way onto many must-see lists. When you've had enough exploring for the day, enjoy a peaceful night in at the Hotel El Palacete del Corregidor, the Hotel Carmen Almuñécar by Bossh Hotels or the Hotel Bahía de Almuñécar.
- Monachil: For a hotel with warm hospitality, we recommend the La Almunia del Valle, the Hotel Ziryab or the Melia Sol Y Nieve. Once you're well rested, get on out to discover the many wonderful attractions this destination has to offer. Sierra Nevada Ski Resort, Sierra Nevada Chairlift and Hoya de Pedraza Botanical Garden should be on any good Monachil to-do list.
- Lanjaron: Base yourself at the Hotel Manolete and then check out awesome attractions like Alpujarras Gate, Castle Lanjaron and The Water Museum. The Hotel Lanjarón** and the Hotel Miramar also offer cozy rooms to rest your head after a big day of sightseeing.
- Loja: Choose someplace welcoming, like the Hotel Almazara, the Abades Santa Lucia or the Hotel Abades Loja. Then get ready to visit this destination's fantastic sights, such as Church of San Gabriel, Narvaez Palace and Church of the Incarnation.
- Guadix: For a hotel you can't wait to get back to after a big day out, look up the Cuevas Pedro Antonio de Alarcon. The Abades Guadix and the Mulhacén are two more options that make wonderful bases for exploring. Begin the sightseeing here at Guadix Caves and Guadix Cathedral. Barriada de las Cuevas is also worth squeezing into your schedule.
Search vacation packages deals in Granada's top destinations
Top Granada hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Granada
Grenada, Spain, is perfectly situated between the Sierra Nevada, Europe's southernmost ski region, and the beaches of the Mediterranean, making it a year-round destination. Hotels in Granada cater to the tourist crowd, as people from all over the world come to see this old city and experience the charm and beauty that has captured the hearts of many cultures over the centuries. Major Attractions
The Alhambra is the number one stop for people visiting Granada, and is the most popular monument in Spain. It might be its beauty (it is a palace after all) or it might be its power (it was also a fortress for the sultans from the 13th to the 15th centuries). There are plenty of other places to visit in Granada, but an alternative option is to head into one of the old Arab neighborhoods, such as Sacromonte and Albaycin, where you can wind your way through the narrow streets or visit the gypsy caves. In the evening, vacations in Granada must include a Flamenco show, and you'll find the best in these old districts. Recurring Festivals and Events
Festivals in Granada, as with the rest of Spain, are deeply rooted in tradition. Some are so special that Granada vacations can be built around the festival, like the Granada Music and Dance Festival in June. This is an international festival celebrating the culture, art, and history of the Nasrid people. You may want to take advantage of Granada car rentals and visit nearby Seville for the well-known and joyful Feria de Abril in April, or the world-renowned Holy Week celebrations.
Whether you are visiting Granada for the winter ski season or to soak up some Mediterranean sun, Granada vacation packages can be a great deal. In fact, with Travelocity, you can save up to $537 when you book a hotel and flight at the same time!
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Granada (province)?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Granada (province)?
Why should I book my Granada (province) vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Granada (province) car rental if I bundle it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Granada (province)?
Which airport is best for Granada (province)?
What is there to do in Granada (province)?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.