Where to stay in Hampshire: Best areas for travelers
- Southampton: The Star Hotel, the Mercure Southampton Centre Dolphin Hotel and the Hashtag Southampton Campus Accommodation are just a few of the reputable hotels here. After a great night's sleep, roll out of bed with plenty of get-up-and-go to explore Southampton Maritime Museum and other excellent sights close by.
- Portsmouth: If you only have one night in town, make sure you stop by Gunwharf Quays. It's one of the reasons so many people choose to travel to this destination. There are loads of fantastic places to spend your evenings here too, including the Popup Portsmouth, the ibis Portsmouth Centre and the Portsmouth Budget Hotels.
- Basingstoke: Stay at the Red Lion Hotel and then start ticking off popular attractions like The Anvil, Festival Place and Basingstoke Golf Club. The Hampshire Court and the New Road also offer comfortable rooms to relax in after a busy day out.
- Winchester: For some of the best hospitality around, choose a room at the Winchester Royal Hotel, the Hotel du Vin & Bistro Winchester or the 16a. You can explore more of this destination's most prominent sights with the cash you save, starting with Winchester Cathedral.
- Newbury: Collect memories in this destination at fabulous sights such as Highclere Castle. Donnington Castle and Watermill Theatre are also favorites with travelers. When you've had enough sightseeing, retire to a comfortable room at The Chequers Hotel, the Travelodge Newbury London Road or The Lodge.
Search vacation packages deals in Hampshire's top destinations
Popular places to visit in Hampshire
Everything you've read about the English countryside can be found in Hampshire county in the UK, from rolling hills and peaceful pastures to the lush forests of great British novels. Hampshire packages let you experience charming coastal towns and cozy country villages along the southern coast of the United Kingdom, giving you the chance to discover the allure of quiet, rural England on your Hampshire vacations.
Major Attractions Around Hampshire
Explore the seaside from every angle in Portsmouth with a visit to the beaches of Southsea or nearby Hayling Island before you head up the Emirates Spinnaker Tower, which provides panoramic views of sea, city, and country. Take a ferry for a day trip to the Isle of Wight. For adventures further inland, make a literary pilgrimage to the rolling hills of South Downs National Park to see the birthplaces of famous authors and to tour stately homes with historical and literary significance, such as Stansted Park and Highclere Castle and Gardens. There are lots of small villages between South Downs and New Forest as well, and you can easily rent a car in Hampshire if you're looking to explore the surroundings.
Festivals and Events
Weekends in Hampshire find all manners of fairs and farmers markets popping up around Winchester and Portsmouth. Throughout June and July, you can attend the Basingstoke Festival, which celebrates art and culture with parades, concerts, and art exhibitions. In August, the UK's longest running sailing regatta during the Isle of Wight's Cowes Week attracts competitive sailors from around the world. For an authentic Dickensian-style Christmas celebration, visit Portsmouth in November for the Victorian Festival of Christmas.
Reserve your Hampshire vacation packages in advance or see where the journey takes you. Search room availability for a hotel in Hampshire , get mobile exclusive deals on the Travelocity app, and be booked just in time for tea.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Hampshire (county)?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Hampshire (county)?
Why should I book my Hampshire (county) vacation package via Travelocity?
Will I save money on my Hampshire (county) car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Hampshire (county)?
Which airport is best for Hampshire (county)?
What is there to do in Hampshire (county)?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.