Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve is a fascinating experience. Don't forget to bring your camera along, because this is one destination that you'll want to remember for a long time.
It's located in Honolulu, a state capital that's known for an assortment of excellent things to see and do.
You'd be wise to reserve your accommodation in advance, since there's just 1 nearby. The Kahala Hotel & Resort is just 5 miles (8 kilometers) from Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve.
If the afternoon slump has you in its grasp, bounce back with a caffeine hit at Bay Rock Cafe (100 Hanauma Bay Road, Honolulu), a walk of 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve
Whether you're wanting to venture down the path less traveled or explore the more well-known attractions, you're not going to run out of things to do when you're finished at Hanauma Bay Nature Preserve:
- Spitting Cave of Portlock is a local cave that you ought to see. You'll be impressed as you look into the impenetrable darkness and feel the chilly air.
- Make the trip up to Lanaʻi Lookout and be rewarded with gorgeous views of the local area.
- Remember to pack a picnic when you're going to Eternity Beach. It's guaranteed to be a great day.
- Breathe in the sea breeze and listen to the sounds of the waves at Sandy Beach.
- A trek along the popular Mariner's Ridge Trail invariably rewards nature lovers with tranquil scenes and a relaxing break from the hustle and bustle of daily life.