Young and old alike will be intrigued by the curious animals that live at Hickory Nut Gap Farm.
It's located in Asheville, which is an estimated 210 miles (338 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Raleigh.
Because there aren't any accommodations in the immediate vicinity, you'll need to head elsewhere to sleep. You'll be able to choose from 6 establishments if you travel to Waynesville, 25 miles (40 kilometers) away. Enquire about a reservation at the Oak Hill on Love Lane, Brookside Mountain Mist Inn and Andon-Reid Inn Bed and Breakfast.
Other Things to Do Near Hickory Nut Gap Farm
If you have time to spare, check out what else is available in the area:
- Take a break and see some of nature's land that's protected at CMLC Florence Nature Preserve.
- Check out Stone Angel when you're in the vicinity, and understand what the subject means to the region.
- Looking for a slower pace? Make arrangements to visit Chatlos Memorial Chapel, a pleasant house of prayer.
- Pisgah Brewing Company is a fun place to visit. Take a glance behind the scenes and learn how they make their beer.
- Hickory Nut Gorge Brewery is a great place to spend the day. Take a look behind the scenes and learn how they make their trademark beer.