Organizing a trip to Hidalgo County Courthouse on your next getaway?
It is in McAllen. If you're not familiar with that name, it's 280 miles (451 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Austin.
You will have 4 hotel options to pick from nearby. Within 2 miles (3 kilometers) of Hidalgo County Courthouse you will find the Best Western Plus Edinburg Inn & Suites and Motel 6 Edinburg.
If you're not that concerned about fancy service and simply want to have a clean bed to sleep on, stay a few nights at one of the area's budget-friendly solutions. If you don't know where to start, have a look at the Texas Inn and Suites - Rio Grande Valley and the Red Roof Inn Pharr - McAllen.
With all the excitement of traveling, it can be easy to forget to eat. A short stroll away, Grind Coffee Co. is a great place to top up your energy levels. A good option if you're wanting a more comprehensive dining experience is Sam Cafe. Once again, you needn't venture too far to get there. It's the ideal time to have a drink when dusk starts to fall. Ask the bartender for your favorite beer, wine or spirit at El Plebes Bar, only five minutes by foot.
Other Things to Do Near Hidalgo County Courthouse
Once you are finished with Hidalgo County Courthouse, don't forget about the region's other attractions:
- Immerse yourself in the thrilling university lifestyle for a day by checking out The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley on one of the days that tours are conducted.
- Edinburg Scenic Wetlands is a great example of a wetland ecosystem and it's worth taking the time to discover.
- Golf is a nice way to unwind while getting some exercise. So if you'd like to have a shot, spend a few hours at Los Lagos Golf Club.
- Do some shopping at Shoppes at Rio Grande, where you can score almost anything, from general supplies, to souvenirs and clothes.
- Edinburg Regional Medical Center is a fantastic place to discover more about medical science. Look online and see if you can organize a tour.