Where to stay in Hong Kong SAR: Best areas for travelers
- Yau Tsim Mong: Nothing compares to staying in the thick of the action, particularly when you've got spectacular attractions like Ladies' Market nearby. After a long day of exploring, jump into a nice, cozy bed at the West Hotel, the Joyous Hostel or the Silka Seaview Hotel.
- Hong Kong: One of the liveliest and most appealing destinations in Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong has lots of attractions to keep you entertained. You can't visit without stopping by Ocean Park. Same goes for Hong Kong - Macau Ferry Terminal and Lan Kwai Fong. For comfy rooms and friendly service, we recommend the Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong, The Landmark Mandarin Oriental, Hong Kong and The Pottinger Hong Kong.
- Eastern Kowloon: There's nothing like exploring a completely new place, especially when you've got top attractions such as Ladies' Market to seek out. You can make your vacation even better by booking one of the top hotels nearby, like the IND Hotel, the IW Hotel or the Camlux Hotel.
- Kwai Tsing: You could end up with a must-do list as long as your forearm here. This city is a favorite with visitors for loads of reasons, and Kwai Tsing Theatre is one of them. Find a room at the Hotel Ease Access Tsuen Wan or the Hotel COZi · Oasis and discover the best of this popular place.
- Lantau: Get ready to experience one of the most intriguing destinations in Hong Kong SAR. Kick off your adventures at Hong Kong Disneyland, then check out everything else this great place is famous for. The Disney's Hollywood Hotel, the Disney Explorers Lodge and the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel all offer a wonderful night's sleep here.
Search vacation packages deals in Hong Kong SAR's top destinations
Top Hong Kong SAR hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Hong Kong SAR
Hong Kong Vacations
With sprawling cities, picturesque beaches, and lush mountains waiting to be tamed, Hong Kong is the solution to your next vacation query. Before you start daydreaming about dim sum and dragon boats, reserve your accommodation here on Travelocity. As if the money you saved won’t be memorable enough, bustling flower markets, quaint street-side cafes, and charming pop music will make your vacation in Hong Kong one for the books.
Top Hotels in Hong Kong
Choosing to spend your vacation in beautiful Hong Kong was your first step in the right direction. Now it’s time to continue marching toward progress by reserving one of these popular Hong Kong hotels. Once your accommodation is secured, your trip to Hong Kong will be here before you know it—you might want to start brushing up on your Chinese—more specifically your Cantonese.
- JW Marriott Hotel Hong Kong: Centrally located near downtown Hong Kong, the JW Marriott is the ultimate in luxury living during your Asian adventure. Once you enter the hotel’s lush lobby, you’ll be caught off guard by the high ceilings, golden tones, and smiling front desk agent who greets you. Inside your room, you’ll be taken aback by floor-to-ceiling windows with sweeping views of the city.
- City Garden Hotel: For travelers with a passion for fashion, City Garden Hotel is the ideal accommodation. Causeway Bay, the pinnacle in Hong Kong shopping, is roughly a ten-minute walk away from the hotel. After days spent eye-guzzling window displays in the premier shopping district, retreat to your room and enjoy plush bedding, minimalist design, and a flat-screen television.
- Conrad Hong Kong: Including rooms with views of either Victoria Harbor or Victoria Peak, the Conrad Hong Kong is as sumptuous as hotels come. Pad around your expansive marble-floored bathroom in a fluffy bathrobe and slippers (provided by the hotel, of course), and catch up on some much-needed sleep with the aid of your suite’s blackout curtains.
- Hotel Jen Hong Kong: Hong Kong is a beautiful blend of chaos and contemporary. After days of touring the city by foot, there’s no better way to unwind than by taking a dip in the Hotel Jen’s rooftop pool or going for a jog inside the state-of-the-art fitness center.
Hong Kong is known for its drastic contrasts. From mile high skyscrapers to peaceful waterfalls in Tai Po, your Hong Kong vacation will be full of unexpected surprises. Don’t wait and leave everything up to chance though, dear traveler, and instead schedule some of the best attractions into your itinerary. Before you delve into the city’s secrets, take a ride on the Peak Tram for aerial views of Victoria Harbor and downtown Hong Kong and its impressive array of buildings. This ride will feature beautiful scenery and help you collect your bearings in Hong Kong.
Spend the rest of your family vacation in Hong Kong soaking in the highlights. The bustling streets of Mong Kok boast Hong Kong cuisine, massage parlors, and clothing stores—there’s also a goldfish market for travelers interested in bringing home a fishy friend. Sheung Wan is the go-to neighborhood for viewing inspiring street art, including massive murals as well as tiny tags. No matter how you choose to spend your day, there’s no question that your evening should end viewing the lightshow over Victoria Harbor. The nightly event lights up more than 40 buildings on each side of the harbor in a spirited display of projected colored lights accompanied by energetic music.
Festivals and Events
In either January or February, Hong Kong throws its biggest celebration of the year. Be forewarned though, Chinese New Year is not for those who tire easily. The multiday celebration includes nighttime parades featuring massive floats and cultural performances, firework displays over the harbor, and horse racing for wanderers who are willing to bet on wild cards. Additionally, many vendors in Hong Kong will promote sales and discounts at their stores during the festivities—so you can put the money you saved by booking Hong Kong vacation packages on Travelocity to good use.
Since 1976, Hong Kong has hosted an international dragon boat race. The Hong Kong International Dragon Boat Races event occurs each summer and draws athletes and spectators from all over the world. Ooh and aah over the colorfully crafted boats as you watch them tear down the harbor, or sip a cold one in the event’s beer garden as you look on in awe.
With Hong Kong package deals, you can explore one of the most interesting and underrated destinations in Asia. Take to the city streets to enjoy taro-flavored egg waffles or reacquaint yourself with forgotten childhood friends at Hong Kong Disneyland. No matter how you choose to spend your international sojourn, you’re bound to get a taste of life in Hong Kong for a fraction of the price when you book through Travelocity.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Hong Kong SAR?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Hong Kong SAR?
Why should I book my Hong Kong SAR vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Hong Kong SAR car rental if I combine it with a hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Hong Kong SAR?
What is there to do in Hong Kong SAR?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.