Planning a trip to Honister Slate Mine?
To find it, travel to the terrific city of Manchester before continuing to Lake District, about 75 miles (121 kilometers) away.
Kick back and chill out after a day out at Honister Slate Mine. You can choose from 16 accommodation options that are situated within 6 miles (10 kilometers). The Swinside Lodge Hotel and Scafell Hotel are two places you might want to consider.
You'll find a few top-end hotels in the surrounding area, perfect in case you're feeling a little indulgent. Rooms at the LakeSide House and Stonegarth Guest House are worth looking into.
Other Things to Do Near Honister Slate Mine
You've come to visit Honister Slate Mine, but you might be just as pleased with what else the area has to offer:
- Enjoy the beauty of nature on the shores of Watendlath Tarn.
- Naturally formed over thousands of years, the immense natural beauty of Bowder Stone makes for a wonderful excursion.
- Church of St Olaf is a peaceful house of prayer. Look at it from the street or find out if you can arrange to tour inside.
- Start your day with a walk up Scafell Pike.
- Lodore Falls is one of the more notable hotels here, which makes it an excellent location to take photos fit for a postcard.