Dig a little deeper into the history of the community at Hook Lighthouse, a not-to-be-missed sight for history enthusiasts.
It's located in New Ross, a destination that might not be well-known to every traveler. It sits 90 miles (145 kilometers) from Dublin, the national capital.
Accommodation choices nearby are limited, with only 1 hotel to spend your nights. After an enjoyable breakfast at the Seacliff Holiday Homes, it won't take very long to get to Hook Lighthouse, just 4 miles (6 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Hook Lighthouse
You can maximize your time here by checking out the area's other attractions once you're done with Hook Lighthouse:
- Take a trip to Loftus Hall and and allow yourself to imagine the characters who once were here.
- Looking for an opportunity to free your mind? Sit by the water at Dunmore East Beach and listen to the crash of the waves.
- Golf is a great way to relax and get a little exercise. So if you'd like to give it a try, spend a few hours at Dunmore East Golf Club.
- If you're ever sick of the heat, visit Woodstown Beach, where you'll find cool relief in the soothing water.
- Plan a fun outing for the kids at Duncannon Beach, where you can play in the water all day.