- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
- Festival Mall
- 6 min drive
- Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.)
- 11 min drive
- Emperors Palace Casino
- 14 min drive
- Gallagher Convention Centre
- 20 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-01-25. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Located in Kempton Park, African Rock Hotel is in an area with good airport proximity. Satyagraha House and Jo Anke Gallery are cultural highlights, and some of the area's attractions include Wild Waters - Boksburg and South African Lippizaner Centre. Looking to enjoy an event or a game while in town? See what's happening at Kyalami Racetrack or Wanderers Stadium.
- Festival Mall - 6 min drive
- Emperors Palace Casino - 14 min drive
- Wild Waters - Boksburg - 16 min drive
- Gallagher Convention Centre - 20 min drive
- Siemens - Midrand - 23 min drive
- Rhodesfield Station - 9 min drive
- Johannesburg Sandton Station - 30 min drive
- Johannesburg (JNB-O.R. Tambo Intl.) - 11 min drive
About this property
African Rock Hotel
Food and drink
Nice boutique hotel with good security
Our stay at the hotel for 2 nights was very pleasant. The staff was helpful and offered to shuttle us to a couple of different places. Unfortunately, we were under the impression that the shuttle service was complimentary because there was no mention of a cost associated with the service. It was a surprise to see some very expensive charges for the shuttle services. Other than that, our experiences were all positive.
Pros: Comfortable and homey setting. We had the best steak dinner at this hotel - better than any others in South Africa. Was simply excellent.
Location: Is in a residential area so seems a bit isolated which was OK for us. Hotel willing to shuttle but costs are excessive. Better to take a taxi.