Organizing a trip to Manzanar National Historic Site and looking for accommodation close by?
Independence, 220 miles (354 kilometers) outside of the capital of the state, Sacramento, is where you'll find it.
If you'd like to stay nearby, you should reserve your accommodation right away. There's just 1 hotel within easy reach. After a slow breakfast at the Winnedumah Hotel Bed and Breakfast, it won't take you very long to reach Manzanar National Historic Site, just 6 miles (10 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Manzanar National Historic Site
You're surely not going to wrap up the day after Manzanar National Historic Site? Put aside some time to find out what else the wider region has to offer:
- Learning more about the history of a region at Eastern California Museum will surely help you to become more understanding of the land and its inhabitants during your stay.
- Toss a ball around with your friends and explore the green spaces at Dehy Park. You could even bring a delicious picnic and really make an afternoon of it.
- On a bright, warm day, pack a picnic basket and wander up Alabama Hills.
- Educating yourself about the history of a place at Lone Pine Film History Museum can make you feel more appreciative of the land and its people during your getaway.
- If you are eager to learn more about the region, be sure to check out Eastern Sierra InterAgency Visitor Center and pick up some leaflets.