You'll gain a more enlightened understanding of the worshippers and their beliefs while visiting Mar Saba Monastery.
Take the time to explore it in State of Palestine.
After spending some time at Mar Saba Monastery, finish off an enjoyable day at a lovely hotel. There are 3 possible accommodations within 6 miles (10 kilometers). You can add the Commodore Hotel Jerusalem and Hotel 7 Arches Jerusalem to your list of hotels to check out.
Other Things to Do Near Mar Saba Monastery
Take full advantage of your time here by checking out the region's other attractions after you've visited Mar Saba Monastery:
- Witness the thrilling university lifestyle by organizing a trip to Al-Quds University on one of the days that tours are conducted.
- Renoir, the famous French painter, once stated that the only way to understand art is to go to a museum and look at it. Why not take his advice and stop at Moshe Castel Museum of Art while you're in the area?
- Get a feel for history by spending a few hours at Shepherd's Fields.
- Enjoy an intellectually illuminating and popular tourist attraction at Herodion National Park. There you will see evidence of an archaeological dig, and even items that were found.
- Spend some time at Tomb of Lazarus and you'll get a sense of the site's place in history.