Where to stay in Marrakech: Best areas for travelers
- Medina: Recommended hotels here include the Traditional Riad Bibtia; 5 Equipped With the Place Jamaa Elfna Medina of Marrakech, the Hotel Aqdas and The Newest And Brightest Riad Hotel In Marrakech, Riad Star. This area is well-known for its fantastic attractions, so carve out some time in your itinerary for sightseeing! Jemaa el-Fnaa and Bahia Palace should be the first things you visit.
- Gueliz: You've lots of choices when it comes to places to stay and things to see here. Catch up on some sleep at the Sunny Apartment for you, the Hotel Marrakech Le Semiramis or the Junior Studio Hotel + 3 — then you'll be full of energy to visit well-known sights like Marjane Hypermarket, Le Grand Casino de la Mamounia and Harti Garden.
- Mechouar-Kasbah: With big attractions and plenty of hotels, this area is the ideal place for a memorable vacation. Plan a visit to Agdal Gardens and then sleep soundly at the Villa Makassar, the Wiky Hostel or the Almaha Marrakech & Spa .
- Agdal: There are loads of things to do and places to spend your evenings in this neighborhood. A few convenient places to look up are the Marquise Villa, the Coco Canel and the La Maison Des Oliviers. Make sure you take pictures of La Plage Rouge while you're here — it's one of the area's leading attractions.
- Bab Doukkala: If it's your first time in this city, this neighborhood is an excellent choice. As well as having a nice range of hotels to choose from, there are also lots of things to do. Spend your days perusing some of the area's popular sights like Bab Doukkala Mosque and your nights somewhere comfy, like the Riad Armelle, the Dar Al Assad or the Riad Vendôme Exclusive: 30 Pers - Swimming Pool, Hammam, Jacuzzi, Terrace.
Top Marrakech hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Marrakech
Marrakech is written into the pages of history and folklore, but modern Marrakech, the cultural heart of Morocco, is an adventure seeker's dream. Founded to the 1000s, Marrakech's intricate history over the past decades melds with a modern cosmopolitan flair as a pan-African hub to enchant visitors. The ramparts of Marrakech's historic fortifications were originally meant to protect the city's splendor, but now they serve as a welcoming portal. What's keeping you from your Marrakech vacation?
Most known for its cultural and religious heritage, Marrakech will captivate even the most unenthused students of history and culture. The best place to start exploring Marrakech is in the Jemaa el-Fnaa, the town square that's been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site. From there, you can wander through the maze of souks, the open-air stores that showcase the beautiful wares that Marrakech is famous for. The museums are almost too numerous to count, and entrance fees are often very reasonable. For those with a little daring in them, consider Marrakech car rentals ! It'll expedite your sightseeing to maximize your time.
Recurring Festivals and Events
As a major center for arts and culture, Marrakech hosts several large events every year. The annual Marrakech International Film Festival sees the Jemaa el-Fnaa transformed into a backdrop for internationally acclaimed films. Get your film fix while dining on succulent Moroccan cuisine! For a more local flair, the Marrakech popular Arts Festival showcases artists and performers who exemplify Moroccan culture and history. Get your fortune read, or watch hundreds of costumed horsemen charge through the streets.
Marrakech has a growing reputation as a tourist city, and now is your chance to book vacation packages to Marrakech! Travelocity will help you find Marrakech vacation packages that fit your style, while saving you money. Book flights and hotels in Marrakech at the same time through Travelocity and save up to $537!
Tours and Activities in Marrakech
So you've offloaded your suitcase and you're feeling a bit jet lagged — what do you do next? Curl up in bed? Not a chance... vacations are about one-off experiences and extraordinary adventures! (Besides, you can always take it easy when you're back home.)
If organizing an itinerary isn't your favorite thing, there's no need to stress — we'll have you covered. Marrakech offers an excellent selection of adventures. Here are some good options:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Marrakech?
How long should my Marrakech vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Marrakech?
Why should I book my Marrakech vacation bundle with Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Marrakech car rental if I combine it with my hotel or flight?
What is the best time of year to go to Marrakech?
Which airport is best for Marrakech?
What is there to do in Marrakech?
Where should I stay when visiting Marrakech?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.