Make some spectacular new memories by checking out one of the nation's most famous attractions, Mauna Kea Observatory.
If you have ever thought that you'd like to explore Hilo, now's the time!
There aren't any accommodation options in the immediate vicinity of Mauna Kea Observatory. There's no need to worry though, as there are a number a little farther out. Travel 25 miles (40 kilometers) and you'll find Volcano, along with 28 places to stay. Several you might be interested in are the Volcano Mist Cottage, At the Crater's Edge and The Artist Cottage.
Other Things to Do Near Mauna Kea Observatory
After finishing up with Mauna Kea Observatory, visitors often swing by one or two of the area's other notable attractions:
- Let your mind wander while admiring some of the wonders of the universe at Subaru Telescope.
- Spend some time practicing your swing at Mauna Kea.
- Convenient information displays and maps are found at Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station.
- Take a breath of fresh air while enjoying the natural landscape at Mauna Kea State Recreation Area. There's plenty of space to have fun and relax!
- Trek to the highest point of Mauna Kea's True Summit for a bird's-eye outlook of this region.