Making plans to check out Mauna Kea State Recreation Area and looking for the closest hotel?
Look for Kamuela on your map and head there to see it.
It would be wise to research your accommodation in advance, since there are no options around Mauna Kea State Recreation Area. Popular places include the Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, 30 miles (48 kilometers) away, the Lava Lava Beach Club, 25 miles (40 kilometers) away, and the Mauna Lani Terrace Condominium, 25 miles (40 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Mauna Kea State Recreation Area
Once you are finished with Mauna Kea State Recreation Area, be sure not to neglect the region's other attractions:
- Start your day with a walk up Mauna Kea's True Summit.
- Summit Road is among the most frequented streets in the area, go for a walk to see a few of the sites that can be found here.
- Pick up a couple of maps and brochures from Onizuka Visitor Information Station to discover even more about this area.
- Time spent at WM Keck Observatory is sure to leave you and your family in a pleasant state of starry-eyed wonder.
- It's easy to see why the shores of beautiful Lake Waiau are well worth a visit.