Planing a trip to Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station on your next getaway?
Hilo is where you'll discover it.
While there are no accommodation options in the immediate vicinity, you won’t be left high and dry if you're looking for a comfy bed and a warm shower. Venture 25 miles (40 kilometers) and you'll find Volcano, as well as 28 places to stay. The Volcano Mist Cottage, At the Crater's Edge and The Artist Cottage are some you might like to consider.
Other Things to Do Near Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station
When you're finished at Mauna Kea Visitor Information Station, you're not likely to run out of ideas with everything else that's going on in the rest of the area:
- Whether you're an experienced golfer or simply starting out, you can't miss the chance to play a round or two at Mauna Kea.
- Mauna Kea State Recreation Area is highly valued by locals and visitors alike. Take some time to enjoy the outdoors, and maybe a picnic with the family.
- Constellations and comets provide a truly stellar display at Mauna Kea Observatory, a celestial experience for children and parents alike.
- You certainly don't need to travel thousands of light years away to improve your knowledge of the sun, the moon and the stars. You only need to visit Subaru Telescope.
- Even if you're not ready to scale the mountain, seeing Mauna Kea's True Summit from lower down is an amazing experience.