Thinking about a trip to Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center?
It's located in Cortez. If you aren't quite familiar with that name, it is 250 miles (402 kilometers) away from the capital of the state, Denver.
If you love comfort and convenience, you’ll be happy to know that there are 2 quality hotels within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center. See which you prefer out of the Far View Lodge and Sundance Bear Lodge.
Other Things to Do Near Mesa Verde Visitor and Research Center
If you have enough time, you'll want to discover what else is happening in the area:
- Go for a trek in the great outdoors at Mesa Verde National Park Entrance.
- A fun walk on the popular Spruce Canyon Trail always rewards lovers of nature with tranquil landscapes and a much-deserved break from the noise of daily city life.
- Get out your best walking shoes and take on Point Lookout Trail. This scenic trail is a terrific way to fully experience the natural charm of this area.
- Go on an expedition at Knife Edge Trail, a well-known hiking trail.
- Those who appreciate nature would do well to bring their walking and hiking gear and enjoy a hike along Prater Ridge Trail.