A visit to Montgomery Place is bound to be a fascinating experience.
Kingston, where it is, lies 45 miles (72 kilometers) from the capital city of the state, Albany.
Staying near Montgomery Place shouldn't be too difficult, since there are 8 hotel options within 6 miles (10 kilometers). You can check out The Red Hook Country Inn and Hampton Inn Kingston.
It shouldn't take you long to book one of the surrounding area's more reasonably priced hotels. Some such places are the Howard Johnson Inn - Saugerties and the Comfort Inn Saugerties.
Down the Road Café (Annandale-on-Hudson) is only 0.6 miles (1.0 kilometer) away. You might find it by following the aroma of coffee.
Other Things to Do Near Montgomery Place
If you have extra time, you'll want to investigate some of the other attractions in the area:
- Every art piece has a fascinating story to tell. At Hessel Museum of Art, you can check out a range of exhibits, stop for a few moments of reflection and get to know the story behind them.
- The historic campus and buildings of Bard College are widely admired, making it a popular attraction among both locals and tourists.
- There's no better place to really unwind than Poet's Walk Park. Read a magazine, kick a ball around with the kids or simply lie in the shade in this leafy oasis.
- Set aside to let nature flourish, Falling Waters Preserve is a peaceful place to spend some time.
- Savvy shoppers will want to make a beeline for Village Books, a well-known store which some people specifically visit the area for.