Religion is an essential puzzle piece that one needs for understanding what makes a place tick. Mount Melleray Abbey offers an enlightening look into the region's rituals and practices.
Waterford is where you will find it.
Accommodation choices nearby are few and far between, with just 1 hotel to stay at. From Mount Melleray Abbey to the Lismore House Hotel is 5 miles (8 kilometers).
Other Things to Do Near Mount Melleray Abbey
Whether you're wanting to venture off the main tourist route or check out the more popular sights, you're not going to run out of things to do after your trip to Mount Melleray Abbey:
- Develop your swing and try to take some strokes off your game at Lismore Golf Club.
- Check out Lismore Castle. This well-known historic castle is sure to hold the attention of you and your family.
- Go and grab a bunch of maps and leaflets from Lismore Heritage Centre and find out more about this region.
- Looking to explore the local religion? Head over to St Carthage's Cathedral to see firsthand where many locals attend mass.
- Many travelers like paying a visit to Bay Lough. Pack a lunch and simply relax.