If you are the kind of person that finds wonder in everything, you'll be sure to love Ocean Springs City Park.
You will find it in Biloxi, 150 miles (241 kilometers) from the state capital, Jackson.
Those looking for a convenient place to spend a few nights can consider 19 hotels, all within 6 miles (10 kilometers) of Ocean Springs City Park. The Beau Rivage and Comfort Suites Biloxi - Ocean Springs are two establishments worth considering.
You don't have to travel too far to discover a less expensive place to lay your head. There are a handful of places in the surrounding neighborhoods. Some of your choices include the Magnuson Hotel Ocean Springs and the Red Roof Inn & Suites Biloxi.
In the surrounding area, you'll find a small selection of top-end establishments to indulge in. Suites and rooms at the Golden Nugget Biloxi and Harrah's Gulf Coast are ideal choices.
For many, food is a big part of traveling. You can find one of the more popular culinary experiences at Po-Boy Express (2422 Government Street, Ocean Springs), only 0.5 miles (0.8 kilometers) away from Ocean Springs City Park.
Other Things to Do Near Ocean Springs City Park
Whether you want to venture down the path less traveled or check out the more popular sights, you won't run out of things to do after your outing to Ocean Springs City Park:
- Are you eager to escape the hectic pace of the city? Head to Vermont Street Park, an urban oasis.
- Learning about the history of an area at Ocean Springs Museum of History will make you feel more invested in the land and its inhabitants during your getaway.
- Spend a day in the sunshine and get some exercise at Gulf Islands National Seashore - Mississippi District - Davis Bayou, one of the region's most visited parks.
- Let your kids burn off some of their energy when they're running around in Little Childrens Park, a green, leafy getaway.
- Receive some inspiration, as well as education, at Walter Anderson Museum of Art, which acquires, protects and showcases art to keep the local culture thriving.