Where to stay in Okinawa: Best areas for travelers
- Naha City Centre: Treat yourself to the perfect seaside escape in this part of town. Check out the APA Hotel Naha, the GRG Hotel Naha or the Green Rich Hotel Naha (Hotel & Cabin). You'll be within close reach of Naminoue Beach when you stay at any of these options.
- Nakijin: Get into vacation mode before you even leave home by looking up all the terrific things to explore here. Kouri Ocean Tower, Kouri Beach and Nakijin Gusuku Castle are just the start. Then, work out which hotel suits your travel plans. The Palm Stay Kouri, the Private Villa Lamer Kouri and the Hanalee Villa Kouri are great options.
- Uruma: The Hotel Hamahigashima Resort, the Kanko Business Hotel Heian and the Hotel Henza are waiting for you in this neighborhood. You'll roll out of bed feeling refreshed after a night at any of these cozy options. If you need a bit more to help you unwind, a stroll around Bios no Oka Nature Park and Ukibaru Island will do the trick.
- Makishi: Home to attractions like Tenbusu Naha, this neighborhood is ideal for those with an affinity for the arts. It's easy to find a hotel here too. A few recommendations are the Hotel Palm Royal Naha Kokusai Street, the Andon Makishikan and the Community & Spa Naha Central Hotel.
- Ginowan: Reserving a hotel in this area is easy. Take your pick from comfortable options like the Ginowan Crystal Hotel, the Water Hotel Ry - Adults Only and the Laguna Garden Hotel. With serene attractions such as Kakazutaka Observatory Park to discover here, you'll have ample opportunities to relax.
Top Okinawa hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Okinawa
Thinking about a vacation in Okinawa this year? There are plenty of reasons to head to this beautiful island in Japan. The name "Okinawa" actually means "rope in the open sea," which is a pretty accurate description of the long chain of islands stretching from the southern coast of Japan out into the sea.
Top Attractions in Okinawa
When you're looking into Okinawa hotels , you have the choice of staying in one of the cities or staying in a more remote setting, in which case you might want to look into a car rental in Okinawa . Naha is a great city to stay in if you want to take in some of the local culture and art. If you're more interested in a beach vacation, check out the city of Chatan, where you'll find beautiful resorts and seaside settings. The famous Churaumi Aquarium is located in Nago and is one of the biggest draws to the island. The Sakashima Islands are also a favorite for travelers looking into Okinawa vacations and you can find beautiful national monuments and beaches here.
Events and Festivals in Okinawa
There is a lot to do in Okinawa no matter what time of year you're planning on visiting. In January and February you can plan on checking out the Cherry Blossom viewings around the city. There's an Azalea Festival in March and Lily Festival in late April. July is when you can celebrate at the Star Festival, or Tanabata as the Japanese like to call it. And one November 3rd you can take part in Culture Day, which is one of the biggest celebrations of the year and pays homage to the local cultural traditions.
Travelocity's Okinawa vacation packages are a great way to save money on your travels and make the most of your trip to this beautiful part of the world! Search over 400 airlines and more than 510,000 hotels worldwide.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Okinawa?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Okinawa?
Why should I purchase my Okinawa vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Okinawa car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Okinawa?
Which airport is best for Okinawa?
What is there to do in Okinawa?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.