You're bound to discover something new with a trip to Pelican Reef.
St. George Island, roughly 60 miles (97 kilometers) away from the state capital, Tallahassee, is where you'll find it.
Don't hesitate to book your accommodation as soon as possible, as there's only 1 possibility that is within easy reach. After breakfast at The St. George Inn, it shouldn't take long to reach Pelican Reef, just 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Pelican Reef
After visiting Pelican Reef, why not explore some of the other attractions in the area? Here are a few places to start off with:
- Experience the beauty of the natural environment at Saint George Island State Park.
- Smart shoppers may want to head straight for Island Outfitters, a prominent store which some people specifically visit for.
- St. George Lighthouse has guided many seamen through the night over its history and is a defining feature of the region.
- Apalachicola National Estuarine Research Reserve is the spot to go for people who want to learn about the habitats and flora and fauna of the area. Remember to inquire regarding tours and other visiting information.
- If you enjoy wide open spaces, St. George Island State Park is a place you're certain to appreciate. Set aside an afternoon and go for a hike and picnic in the fresh air.