Flee from the traffic and tarmac when you visit Pu'u O Kila Lookout, where Mother Nature will take care of you.
Navigate your way to Waimea if you would like to explore it. You'll find this destination approximately 120 miles (193 kilometers) from the state capital, Honolulu.
If you want a good hotel that is in the vicinity of Pu'u O Kila Lookout, The Cabins at Kokee, is the best choice. It's situated just 2 miles (3 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Pu'u O Kila Lookout
After you're finished with Pu'u O Kila Lookout, there are a whole host of other attractions to keep you busy:
- Lace up your hiking shoes and head out on Nu'alolo Trail. This popular scenic hiking trail is an ideal way to fully experience the natural splendor of the region.
- Go wildlife viewing, test your photography skills and amble through nature at Na Pali Coast State Park.
- Soak up the sunshine and get the blood flowing with some exercise at Koke'e State Park, one of the region's leading parks.
- Take the kids to visit Kokee Natural History Museum, where they're sure to be engaged by the displays.
- Put on your hiking boots and head out on Canyon Trail. This picturesque hike is an excellent way to fully experience the glorious natural beauty of this region.