Get up close to some of the magnificent creatures that we inhabit this planet with at Rappahannock National Wildlife Refuge, among the best places for a family day out.
You'll find it in Warsaw, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) outside of the state capital, Richmond.
Accommodation options are somewhat sparse in the immediate vicinity of Rappahannock National Wildlife Refuge, but you can find 4 candidates within 6 miles (10 kilometers). The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tappahannock and Quality Inn will provide you with some, if not all, of the comforts you desire.
For good service at a reasonable price, head out to the Super 8 - Tappahannock, 5 miles (8 kilometers) away.
Other Things to Do Near Rappahannock National Wildlife Refuge
After you're finished with Rappahannock National Wildlife Refuge, there are a range of other attractions that'll keep you occupied:
- Witness the vibrant college lifestyle for a few hours by checking out Rappahannock Community College on a day when tours are available.
- Enjoy a tour of Menokin Foundation, an important historic residence.
- There is nowhere better to really unwind than Warsaw Town Park. Read a good book, play with the kids or simply enjoy the serenity that surrounds you in this urban sanctuary.
- Develop your taste buds with the ambrosial flavors of the wines showcased at Caret Cellars.
- Whether you have trained taste buds or simply love popping a bottle open now and then, General's Ridge Vineyard and Winery is a fabulous place to taste the notes and flavors of the area.