One of the area's greatest natural attractions, Reid State Park will interest nature enthusiasts.
It's located in Georgetown, approximately 100 miles (161 kilometers) outside of Concord, the capital of the state.
Unfortunately, accommodations in the vicinity of Reid State Park are few and far between. The Grey Havens Inn, 1 mile (2 kilometers) away, is the closest option.
Spend a few nights at the Beach Cove Waterfront Inn, 6 miles (10 kilometers) away, and free up your hard-earned cash for indulging in the yummy local food.
Other Things to Do Near Reid State Park
If you have enough time, you'll want to discover what else is on in the region:
- A calm and protected site, Josephine Newman Audubon Sanctuary is a nice location to relax.
- Explore the world of history and enjoy a memorable family outing with a visit to Georgetown Historical Society.
- Find a vantage point, set up your camera and watch the sunset from Hendricks Head Light.
- History may not come to life in high school classrooms, but the exhibitions at Hendricks Hill Museum make learning an exciting experience for all.
- Should you be eager to visit somewhere where you can do some reading, visit Southport Memorial Library, a library with excellent collections.