Where to stay in Reykjavik: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown: This area is well-known for its top attractions like Hallgrimskirkja. Soak up the sights before enjoying a comfortable night in at the Hotel Odinsve, the Hotel Holt - Art Museum or the Reykjavík Downtown Hotel.
- Vesturbær: There are so many things to see here! If you can't wait to get a really good feel for this place, check out Reykjavik Harbour, Landakotskirkja and Vesturbaejarlaug Swimming Pool. Some great places to stay include the Radisson Blu Saga Hotel, Reykjavik, the Hotel Hilda and the Grandi by Center Hotels.
- Hlíðar: A magnet for both locals and visitors, this neighborhood has loads of things to see and do. If you want to be near some well-known attractions, browse the rooms at the Brim hotel, the Eyja Guldsmeden Hotel and the Fosshotel Raudara. Iceland Phallological Museum, Hofdi House and Kjarvalsstadir are just the start of things to see in this area.
- Laugardalur: This area is a good option for those with an interest in art. Reserve a room at one of the great hotels here and then get out and see Sigurjon Olafsson Museum. The Reykjavik Lights by Keahotels, the Guesthouse Bina or the Bright 2 Bedroom Apartment Near City Centre, Beside the Outdoor Swimmingpool will make your time in this popular part of town enjoyable.
- Kopavogur: You'll find a nice range of hotels to pick from in this neighborhood. The A Modern Villa With Amazing Lake & Mountain View, the Hotel Kriunes and the Hótel Heiðmörk are a few options to consider. With Sundlaugin Versolum Swimming Pool, Natural History Museum of Kopavogur and Kopavogur Church all in the area, it's not difficult to see why so many wanderers decide to stay in this part of town.
Reykjavik flight + hotel packages
2021 Reykjavik vacations
Top Reykjavik hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Reykjavik
For being a relatively small town, Reykjavik still manages to pack an exciting punch. The Icelandic destination is the northernmost capital in the world, and the eclectic array of food, landscape, and culture you find here is bound to leave you wanting more. Reykjavik vacations are begging to be filled with activities such as whitewater rafting and dips in a soothing thermal pool. Natural Attractions and Culture in Reykjavik
One of the reasons Reykjavik is so popular among a diverse group of visitors is its varied landscape and natural beauty. Venues for scuba diving, mountain biking, and horseback riding are all within reach. From September through April, the Northern Lights will have you craning your neck to the sky in wonder. When it comes to art and culture in the city, Harpa Reykjavik Concert Hall and Conference Centre and the National Museum of Iceland invite you for a visit. Reykjavik vacation packages will take care of your flight and accommodation, but booking a Reykjavik car rental makes it easy to explore the most charming pockets of the region on your own schedule. Events and Activities in Iceland’s Capital
Some of the most important events in Reykjavik are artistic in nature. The Reykjavik Dance Festival takes place from August to September, where you’ll find awe-inspiring performers on display. The Circus of Iceland also charms audiences during the summer, as does the Reykjavik Culture Night, which features a main stage in the center of the city and tons of activities nearby.
Whether you’re intrigued by one of these festivals or want to check the aurora borealis off your bucket list, Travelocity’s vacation packages to Reykjavik translate to a trip you can afford. The top Reykjavik hotels position you within easy reach of your favorite attractions, and give you a comfortable place to recharge at the end of the day.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Reykjavik?
How long should my Reykjavik vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Reykjavik?
Why should I purchase my Reykjavik vacation package via Travelocity?
Can I save money on my Reykjavik car rental if I bundle it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Reykjavik?
Which airport is best for Reykjavik?
What is there to do in Reykjavik?
Where should I stay when visiting Reykjavik?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.