Where to stay in Salt Lake City: Best areas for travelers
- Downtown Salt Lake City: This is a fantastic place for sightseeing, with major attractions like Salt Lake Temple and The Gateway located here. When you've checked them off your list, get some shut-eye at the Best Price, Best Value, Super Convenient Downtown Getaway, the Fantastic King Unit, Pool, Close TO Attractions or the Rare Find, 2 Great Units FOR 8, Pool, SPA.
- Salt Lake Mountain Resorts: Start your day at the Altas Rustler Lodge and then find your way to Alta Ski Area. This awesome attraction is just one reason so many travelers spend their vacation in this neighborhood. The Goldminer\'s Daughter Lodge and the Alta/snowbird Fabulous Log Cabin Walk Out/ski in are other fabulous places to get some shut-eye here.
- Sandy: There are endless reasons to spend some time here, but the most convincing has to be Alta Ski Area. Book a room at the Oakwood Dry Creek at East Village, the Hyatt House Salt Lake City/Sandy or the Econo Lodge Inn & Suites and you can drop by this popular attraction whenever it suits.
- Central City: This area attracts art enthusiasts from near and far. Why? Chase Home Museum of Utah Folk Art is only one reason. If you'd love to stay longer to discover its other arty attractions, the Best Price, Best Value, Super Convenient Downtown Getaway, the Downtown Nice House/ 3 Bed/1 Bath /close To Attractions/ 35 Mn To Ski Resort and the Downtown Nice House/ 1 Bed/1 Bath /close To Attractions/ 35 Mn To Ski Resort will have a room waiting for you.
- Cottonwood Heights: The Ski House Near Snowbird, Alta, Solitude, and Brighton, the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Salt Lake City-Fort Union and the Ski The Best - Very Comfortable Townhouse For Skiing Or Hiking Or Whatever are a few places to catch up on some sleep if you choose this popular part of town. If that's not enough to rejuvenate you, some time out in nature at Donut Falls might do the job.
Salt Lake City flight + hotel packages
2021 Salt Lake City vacations
Top Salt Lake City hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City Vacations
Feel your cheeks turn a rosy hue and the adrenaline pulse through every cell as you navigate the twists and turns of an Olympic-caliber downhill ski run. Or, that same skin tone and thrill can just as easily be achieved in the desert, stalking a canyon wren or spiny lizard through your camera’s telephoto lens. Perhaps, you prefer to allow the current to leisurely guide you downstream as you pass breathtaking scenery while you relax in an inner-tube on a winding mountain river. Or, you might desire to spend your time shopping, eating, and sightseeing your way through a historical city. Whatever your penchant for adventure, a vacation in Salt Lake City can accommodate. Set along the shores of the Great Salt Lake, the capital of Utah offers vacationers a rich tapestry of vacation possibilities. Those with Salt Lake City vacation packages will find a city filled with stunning architecture, cultural experiences, and recreational possibilities. And, when you use Travelocity to bundle your travel and accommodations into one plan, the resulting Salt Lake City package deals will save you enough so that you can experience everything the area has to offer.
Salt Lake City Hotels
Whether you will be traveling for a family vacation in Salt Lake City, a business trip, or an outdoor adventure with your friends, finding the right place to stay can make all the difference. Here are some of our favorite hotels in Salt Lake City:
- Little America Hotel – With 850 guestrooms and suites, Little America is anything but small. Close to Pioneer Park and all downtown attractions, it’s in a great location for exploring the city, as well. With handcrafted furniture and rich fabrics in every room, you’ll sink into the lap of luxury after your day discovering Salt Lake’s hidden gems.
- Marriott City Center – Offering stunning views of the city with the lake to the west and Wasatch Mountains to the east, the Marriott is an excellent mix of location and luxury. Enjoy a stroll along Gallivan Plaza or Temple Square, attend a conference at the Salt Palace Convention Center, and check out a show at the Capital Theater—all within 2 blocks of your richly appointed guestroom.
- The Peery Hotel an Ascend Hotel Collection Member – This historic boutique hotel—built in 1910—offers stately rooms, antique decor, and upscale amenities. Enjoy a delicious breakfast made from locally sourced, farm-fresh ingredients before hitting the slopes at one of the area’s ski resorts. After you’ve conquered the mountain, unwind on your Tempur-Pedic bed before starting tomorrow’s adventure.
- Airport Inn Hotel – Located 3 miles from Salt Lake International Airport and downtown, this hotel is an ideal option if you are planning to spend most of your time in mountains outside of the city as opposed to visiting the attractions downtown. If you flight arrives in the morning, you can spend the entire afternoon carving tracks in the snowy hillside. After a long day in the mountains, soothe out the knots with a relaxing session in the hot tub before trading the winter wonderland for dreamland on your pillow-top mattress.
Many Salt Lake City vacations include visits to Temple Square and the architectural masterpieces that surround it. The Salt Lake Temple was constructed over a four-decade period, with workers bringing the granite blocks to the site by wagon. The Tabernacle inside Temple Square is architecturally stunning, and tour guides have been known to drop paper clips a hundred feet from visitors to demonstrate the space's impressive acoustics. Get even more from your Salt Lake City getaway by choosing car rentals that address your needs. Take off for the Wasatch Mountains and explore historic Park City, along with sports venues from the 2002 Winter Olympics. Outdoor lovers, like yourself, often feel right at home in Big Cottonwood Canyon. View waterfalls and even an occasional moose against a backdrop of brilliant green cottonwood trees and soaring cliffs where profuse displays of wildflowers greet the springtime traveler.
Recurring Festivals and Events
Every June, the Utah Arts Festival attracts thousands of visitors to Library Square to enjoy live music, dancing, and street theater. Food vendors feature many locally sourced items from caramel candy to olive oil. Sample world cuisines like Japanese and Greek while you peruse the creations of talented visual artists. Or visit during the Salt Lake City Jazz Festival, an annual July event that attracts nationally-known musicians to the Gallivan Center in the heart of downtown.
You'll find a wide selection of hotels in Salt Lake City on Travelocity. Save with Salt Lake City package deals when you combine your flights and lodging to make it easy and affordable to experience the history, beauty, and recreation the city offers.
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Salt Lake City?
How long should my Salt Lake City vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Salt Lake City?
Why should I book my Salt Lake City vacation package with Travelocity?
Can I save on my Salt Lake City car rental if I combine it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Salt Lake City?
Which airport is best for Salt Lake City?
What is there to do in Salt Lake City?
Where should I stay when visiting Salt Lake City?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.