Where to stay in Santa Barbara: Best areas for travelers
- Montecito: If you feel like being in the middle of things, you'll fall head over heels with this area. There is so much to experience here, like Lotusland. The San Ysidro Ranch, the Seaside Cottage - Romantic Haven by the Beach and the Rosewood Miramar Beach will have a comfortable bed for you at the end of a big day.
- Carpinteria: Switch into vacation mode before you even leave home by researching all the terrific things to do here. Carpinteria State Beach, Rincon Beach Park and Carpinteria Seal Sanctuary are just the tip of the iceberg. Then, work out which hotel suits your plans. The Best-- Come Enjoy Our Great Carpinteria Beach Home!, the Carpinteria\'s Newest - Plush 2 Bedroom Lodging at the Beach and the Carpinteria\'s Newest - Plush 1 Bedroom Lodging At The Beach are great options.
- Santa Barbara Beach: Swing by for the delightful ambiance and stay a little longer for Santa Barbara Zoo. This neighborhood has plenty of terrific attractions like this one and a vibe that's all of its own. Get cozy at the Hotel Californian, the Ala Mar by the Sea or the Villa Rosa Inn and discover what makes this place a top choice.
- Upper East: A cozy hotel and loads of amazing attractions are the key components of a memorable trip. This neighborhood has all of that covered. Drop your suitcase at the Orange Tree Inn, The Presidio or the La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Santa Barbara Downtown. Then, get out and see this area's most famous sights, such as Mission Santa Barbara.
- Riviera: Interesting local attractions, a nice selection of hotels and a vibrant personality are just a few of the reasons this neighborhood is so popular with many first-time visitors to this city. Some popular hotels here include the Santa Barbara Rivera City & Ocean Views W/guest House and the Belmond El Encanto.
Santa Barbara flight + hotel packages
2021 Santa Barbara vacations
Top Santa Barbara hotels deals
Popular places to visit in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara Vacations
When you imagine Southern California, you may think of sprawling cities, free-spirited communities, or miles of coast lined with mansions. It’s a place where your imagination can run wild—and all your wildest dreams can come true. Santa Barbara is the embodiment of that California dream: part laid-back beach town, part upscale escape, and all sunshine and sea breezes. Meant for those who know how to enjoy life, Santa Barbara—with the Pacific Ocean in front and the Santa Ynez Mountains in back—is surrounded by gorgeous scenery. In town, the architecture, casual pace of life, and ample activities make you feel as if you're living it up in the Mediterranean. It goes without saying that you'll be impressed by this city, so start looking for a Santa Barbara vacation package and get ready to let your worries float away.
Relax in Santa Barbara
If this chilled out beach community is on your radar for your next vacation, you may already have some activities in mind. Namely, soaking up some sun, some culture, and definitely some wine. You’ll discover that Santa Barbara has plenty of all of those things on offer, plus more. Stretch out on the white sands at East Beach and listen to the swish of palm trees above and children playing in the crystal clear waters. The Fess Parker, A DoubleTree by Hilton Resort , is just steps away if you need to reapply your sunscreen or enjoy a snack at one of the five on-site restaurants. To the east, the quaint seaside shops and restaurants of Stearns Wharf beckon travelers of all types, whether you seek unique ocean-inspired souvenirs or a relaxing day spent casting your line off the pier. A friendly tip: the complimentary beach cruisers from Hotel Milo will get you there in true Santa Barbara style. And if you’re in search of a beach vacation in Santa Barbara that involves nothing more than total seclusion and romance, look to the luxurious resorts even further to the east, such as Bacara Resort & Spa .
Santa Barbara Vacations Have It All
Certainly beautiful beaches are not in short supply here, but Santa Barbara has plenty of cultural offerings as well. Santa Barbara Mission—one of the state's best—is a must-visit site. The Santa Barbara Museum of Art, Santa Barbara Botanic Garden, and Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum are worth seeing, too. If shopping is your thing, peruse State Street's boutiques. You'll be entertained every step of the way, but you won’t have to go terribly far from your room, as many hotels are right next to these attractions.
But we cannot forget the wine. For oenophiles, no Santa Barbara getaway is complete without exploring the vineyards of Santa Ynez Valley. The wine tour package at Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore gets you a full-day VIP pass to the area’s best wineries.
Festivals and Events
Santa Barbara is truly a year-round destination, whether you’re longing for some beach time or want to shop till you drop. To add another dimension to your trip, plan your vacation in Santa Barbara around one of its excellent festivals or events. The Santa Barbara International Film Festival takes place each year in late January or early February and is an eleven-day extravaganza of films from around the globe. From screenings of the classics to avant-garde experiments, cinephiles come from all over for this world-class festival. The Summer Solstice Celebration in June is the largest arts event in Santa Barbara County, also attracting a huge crowd of like-minded revelers. The next month, on the weekend of Bastille Day (July 14) the French Festival is another popular event—because of all the delectable dining, of course. Croissants, crepes, quiche, and more are all on offer at this two-day feast. From April to October, check the Santa Barbara Bowl calendar for top talent from rock and pop to jazz legends and classical concerts. Whenever you decide to visit, there is always something going on.
Whether you are “California dreaming” from a faraway village or looking to get away from the big city, Travelocity is ready to make your beach dreams a reality. Peruse our incredible Santa Barbara vacation deals and find the one that is right for you. Then all you have to do is point and click, and we’ll see you in Santa Barbara.
Tours and Activities in Santa Barbara
Some travel experiences can change our entire way of thinking. So if you feel like you've been going round and round in circles lately, get set to jump into some eye-opening adventures.
So you've crammed your Santa Barbara itinerary with experiences — that's great! If you're hoping for a couple more ideas, here are some recommendations:
Frequently asked questions
How much are vacation packages to Santa Barbara?
How long should my Santa Barbara vacation be?
Where can I get the best vacation package deals for Santa Barbara?
Why should I purchase my Santa Barbara vacation bundle via Travelocity?
Can I save on my Santa Barbara car rental if I book it with hotels and flights?
What is the best time of year to go to Santa Barbara?
Which airport is best for Santa Barbara?
What is there to do in Santa Barbara?
Where should I stay when visiting Santa Barbara?
^Savings based on all package bookings with Flight + Hotel made on Travelocity.com from 2019-04-01 - 2020-03-31 as compared to the price of the same components booked separately. Savings will vary based on origin/destination, length of trip, stay dates and selected travel supplier(s). Savings not available on all packages.